Chapter 10: Thought Process

Bravad-Oh had their first ever photoshoot with their new model the other day. The makeup was perfect, her hair was styled in gorgeous waves, the clothes picked had fit her slender body just right. The photoshoot itself ran just fine, her posing was great. Tao made sure to take beautiful shots to the best of his abilities.

And Sehun knew that out of the four models that had auditioned, Jovelyn was the absolute best. She definitely was. He knew what would benefit their store now that he hired her.

But...

"Please look at these," the Chinese photographer had told him earlier. "As pretty as she looks, there's something off about the whole thing."

And Sehun agreed. The longer he stared at the stills of their model, the more he could feel something wrong with them. Was it that Jovelyn was trying too hard? Was there something missing? What happened to the spark he had seen during the auditions? The more he dwelled on it, the more it confused him. Jovelyn was still clearly a professional, but?...

"I don't know, I'm too tired for this shit," the male sighed, as he dropped the photos onto the coffee table in front of him. He stood and began bustling about his apartment, exhausted but with the need to keep himself awake. He has to stay awake, there are still a few assignments he needs to take care of himself before the day ends.

Maybe a walk around outside could help.

With a nod of agreement as this was the best idea as of now, he grabbed his coat from the hook by the door and stepped out to leave. He instantly stopped himself at the unnecessary surprise waiting for him.

And he could already feel his anger bubbling back within him.

Mirasol stood just in front of his apartment door, a wide-eyed look on her face at his sudden appearance. She clicked her tongue and let out a heave, as if she was just caught doing something suspicious. Sehun then noticed the woven basket at her arms with what looks to be slices of cake wrapped in clear plastic.

"What the hell are you doing?" The tall man huffed, glaring down at her.

The half-filipino girl shuffled from one foot to the other, incoherent grumbles heard coming out her lips. From the basket, she fished out a special looking cake that looked different from the rest, one that was wrapped in clear pink plastic. There also looked to be a sticker of a heart on it. "Look, I didn't wrap this one myself, Jovelyn did. But I'm giving this to you to show how thankful I am for choosing my sister for your shop."

She shoved the cake into his hands. "So, thank you, I guess. She was preparing so much for auditions, it makes me happy seeing her like that. So, I made the cake out of my joy for her..." Mira then frowned. "I made too much so I'm giving the extra slices to the neighbors. Take it or throw it away if you want, I don't need your satisfaction... I'll get going then." The messy-haired woman then turned her heel and continued on down the hallway, leaving the cakes just at the sides of the doors, knocking lightly to inform them of her dessert surprise.

A few neighbors had opened upon the knocking, personally thanking Mirasol for the sweet treats. Kids as well, if there were, had burst out their joys, claiming how much they loved the young woman's cakes in shrill shrieks. And she would just brightly smile back at them, ruffling their hair out of pure affection.

Sehun was awestruck.

He had seen Jovelyn smile, but why does their smiles look so different. They were similar in looks in every way, but what was that?

It was... cute. Nothing could compare to it...

Looking at the cake in his hand, he went on to the elevator and go down to get fresh air. He reached the outside and just for a moment, he began walking down the sidewalk. And he'll admit, he was a bit peckish, so he decided to eat the cake he was given. It would be a waste to just throw perfectly good cake away.

"It better not be poisoned," Sehun sighed before taking a bite.

Fluffy, tangy, and sweet.

It was a completely different taste of the cake Jovelyn had given to him on the opening day of Bravad-Oh... but it held the same warmth, a taste only cautious, delicate hands could make. A taste that was unique and pleasant.

"What the fuck am I thinking?" The heir sneered, shaking his head in disdain. "It's just cake."

There really was something peculiar about these twins if they were both messing with him this past month. For god sakes, since when did he pay attention to smiles and the quality of cake?

Her.

A pause.

Oh Sehun had to stop himself before he delved any further in.

Now was not the time to think about his past. That was the last thing he would want to do right now. Not when he had done so much and cared so damn much, only to be left with nothing in the end, leading him to return to Korea with a heavy heart.

Ugh, what a mood downer.

With that, Sehun finished the cake in a couple more bites and returned back to his apartment to finish his work. Work was the only thing keeping him sane from all the shit of his life.