Chapter 29: Company Trip

The Silva Fashion Show by Oh Corporation have been a big hit. For a whole week, the media outlets wouldn't stop talking about it, judging by how grand the guest list had been. Plenty of other Korean based designers had arrived to watch the show, as well as a lot of celebrities who were curious about the Brazilian designer. With such a great outcome, Oh Corp could only predict that their partnership with Isabelle Silva will bring them success.

And the annual company trip couldn't have come at such a better time to celebrate for their upcoming bright future. CEO Oh Hyunmin had made a grand announcement about the trip through emails of the coworkers. He also didn't fail to mention it through the speakers of the Oh Corp building about the trip. While there was a bit of a pricey fee to participate on the cruise, it was still a much better than going on an individual cruise. It was just a perk for working so diligently in Oh Corp.

However, there was Choi Mirasol, who debated whether she wanted to use her money to join on the three-day trip. The cruise sounded very lovely to be a part of, and she never been on a cruise ship before. It would be an amazing experience.

Her problem was that she doesn't want to leave behind her sister who she hasn't made up with. Everything between the two of them was horribly imbalanced and Mira couldn't stand that at all. She missed the simple moments where Jovelyn would tell her about her day or about the dramas they would watch together. Those late nights where they enjoy a nice cup of coffee and have a sweet treat, none of that had happened for weeks now.

But, what did Jovelyn say when Mira brought it up on a whim?

Go.

Just go, Mira. I think we need time apart anyway.

It seriously broke her heart to hear her twin say that to her, to be so willing to push her away. But Mira had to understand that having time apart would be good for the two of them. Maybe their presence with each other have become too much, and they can't bring themselves to reach a conclusion that would be satisfying for the two of them.

After all, Mirasol was at fault here, right? Despite how many times Mira had tried to approach her dear sister, there was always that underlying guilt. She wasn't surprised anymore for whenever Jovelyn ignored her.

But, because Jovelyn said so, she'll go.

"Mira, we're about to be on a cruise but you don't look very excited."

Mirasol peered over at the driver with pursed lips. Sehun had been kind enough to give her a ride to their destination to board the cruise ship. Sehun was already decked out in attire that matched for the cruise; a straw hat, expensive sunglasses, and a loose-fitted shirt. Mirasol wasn't even sure what to bring for a cruise. She let out a sigh, imagining how Jovelyn would have helped her with picking outfits for an occassion. But no, all she basically owned was dark, slightly oversized clothes. She didn't even have a swimsuit to use for the indoor pool the ship will have.

Mirasol feigned a smile at the man. "I'm very excited."

The answer was far too short and brief for Oh Sehun. He gave her an unamused glimpse before turning his eyes back on the road. "Wow, yes, I can tell in your monotonous voice of yours." The two shared an incredulous look and Sehun let out a sigh. "Look, you don't have to tell me why you got that face but you can just forget whatever's bothering you this weekend."

The lass nodded to this and sat back in her seat. Sehun was right, she does need to not dwell on the matter much more or else she won't be able to enjoy the trip. The pain was still there in her heart but she can really try to not mind it as much.

"So, what are these trips usually like?" Mirasol asked out of curiosity, so to not think about her sister problems.

Sehun hummed as he thought about the question. "Well, I haven't been able to participate in them in a couple years since I was studying abroad. But from what I remember, it's really just a cruise to the island my dad always likes to go to and we do a lot of team building games. You don't have to participate in the games, so usually I would be off hanging out with Luhan and Tao."

"What can you do on the cruise, and the island?" Mira continued, her enthusiasm for the trip only rising.

"A good chunk of things, really. They'll play movies, there's an indoor pool with slides, an arcade room. You'll see once you get to the ship," Sehun explained. "The island is more for us to gather and have one big dinner party with a lot of food. We'd be doing more games there too because my dad's a sucker for those."

Mira's eyes glimmered in delight, it all sounded so fun. Talking to Sehun about this really did make her feel slightly better. She can now officially say she was looking forward for the trip. She may not know a lot of people at the company, but she's fairly friendly with the modeling crew. She might have to stick mostly by Sehun, Luhan, and Tao, but she didn't want to be a bother.

Hmm, now that she thought about it, Isabelle was going to participate in the trip too. The Brazilian girl had been so nice to her, maybe this would also be a good time to get to know her better too.

After an hour or so of driving, they finally arrived to the dock where the cruise ship was at. Many of Oh Corp employees were already there, and they greeted Sehun quickly and respectively. Mira eyed every single one, most of them having quite a large age gap from them. But as they were huddled together, they seemed close to one another.

She and Sehun finally spotted Tao and Luhan, along with their small photoshoot group. Mira gave a grin and sprinted over, greeting them with warmth.

"Are you ready to have a good time?" Tao asked her, a pat to her shoulder.

"I sure am! This is my first time on a cruise," Mira chimed excitedly. Her eyes trailed over to the other Chinese man, however, he didn't look quite happy. No, in fact, he doesn't look happy now that she was standing along with them. Cautiously, she asked him, "Is there something wrong, Luhan-sshi?"

"None at all."

His tone was cold. Mira frowned. She would want to know why such the attitude, but she didn't want to cause any trouble.

Her eyes accidentally met Sehun's, and instantly he seemed to catch on what was happening. He stepped forward and gave her a pat on the back to reassure her that she would tale care of it himself. Mira smiled at him appreciatively. 

Soon enough, Oh Hyunmin appeared from the midst of people and held a speaker in his hands. "Alright, everyone! We're going to start letting people in for the ship. Make sure to let your fellow coworkers who signed up for this that are not here yet know that they still have two hours to get here before ship leaves. Let's all start boarding!"

Everyone got into a line to file into the ship along with their bags. It was a bit of a slow process to finally get on the cruise ship, but once Mira did, she gaped in awe. She can only describe the inside of the lobby to resemble one of a fancy hotel. The furniture looked like they were brand new, and the floors and counter tops were sleek and shiny. Mira noticed that the ship also had four other floors to go up to, as she stared upward and towards the elevators.

"Alright, Miss Jovelyn, your room is 214," the person checking in the passengers told her, giving her the key to the room.

"Oh, that's a floor below mine," Sehun uttered as they walked towards the elevators along with Tao and Luhan. While the boys went up ahead to the third floor, Mira went ahead on hers. Greeting the few that were on the floor, she made it to her very room. She placed the card key just by the lock and the door opened easily. Peeking inside, she realized her roommate was already inside.

"Jovelyn-ah, how amazing! We're going to be bunking together." Mira gave a smile towards Isabelle as she entered in. "I guess we're stuck together for this weekend. We can finally hang out like we keep saying."

"Of course, Isabelle," Mira chimed.

Sure, she was happy and excited now, and Mira wouldn't let that down. However, she probably couldn't say that she was currently in pain, the migraine slowly emerging, throbbing in her head. But yet, she still smiled, despite the bad feeling she had.

She can't let this get to her.

She can't let Jovelyn get to her.