Chapter 43: It's About Time

"Do you not think it's too soon, Mira? You think the time is right?"

"Yeah, oppa, I'm sure of it."

Mirasol nervously stared at her reflection just as Minseok left her to her own devices. Her short hair was styled in soft curls and her makeup was very minimal. She was donned in a casual soft pink dress with a denim jacket over it. It had been a long while since she really liked how she looked. But now as she saw her appearance, she could finally smile at it. She was please at how it all turned out.

Minhae had helped her buy clothes the other day since a lot of her old ones didn't fit her anymore.

How much was it?

She gained about 10 to 15 pounds more since last year.

But nowadays, she really admired the extra curves she had on her body.

Mirasol turned towards the door and she left the bedroom she had been staying in for the past year. Reaching the dining room of the spacious apartment, she saw Minseok, Minhae, and Jongdae bustling about in the kitchen. The table already had a few dishes there, both Filipino and Korean. Mirasol marveled at it all, very impressed that her cousins managed to make traditional Filipino.

"Sinigang, adobo, and kare-kare! It looks so good," Mira chimed in delight, very tempted to try it right on the spot. She can't even think back to how long it had been since she had these dishes.

"Well, we tried our best," Minhae sighed as she taste tested the sinigang. Her face contorted at its sour flavor. "You said this is good enough?"

"Yes, that's how sour sinigang should be, unnie," Mira beamed. "It's exactly how... nanay and tatay would like it."

The door bell to the apartment suddenly rang. Mira glanced over to her cousins frantically, her heart suddenly racing. Today was the day they planned to see Mirasol's parents again. For the occasion, they wanted a grand dinner to celebrate the much needed reunion. This would be the first time in 3 years since the half-filipino girl had seen them.

Minseok gave her a comforting pat on the head before heading to the door and opening it. The person on the other side wasn't what they were expecting, but the visitor brought a bright smile to Mira.

"Hello, Sehun, glad you can make it," Minseok greeted him, holding out his hand to him.

"I wouldn't miss it. I'm honored that I was invited," Sehun replied, his hand meeting the older man's. The moment he had stepped into the apartment, Mira didn't waste time to engulf him into a hug. "Hello, love."

"Thank you for coming."

"Of course."

"Oh Sehun, what are those?" Jongdae chimed from behind, just as he was placing down plates on the table.

In the heir's hands were a few bags from shops of famous brands. He set them down onto the coffee table of the living room. Mirasol, Minseok, Jongdae, and Minhae gathered around to see a lot of boxes, only to be assumed with expensive items. "I wanted to buy everyone something."

"Wait, everyone, you say?" Minhae murmured in surprise. Sehun nodded as he took out one box, a small rectangular one, and gave it to the psychiatrist. She quickly opened it, inside being a beautiful pair of silver earrings. "Oh Sehun!"

Sehun then distributed boxes to the Kim boys. Jongdae opened his to be limited edition headphones that were extremely hard to get. Minseok gotten two pairs of buttoned shirts with high quality fabric. Mirasol gaped at the pricey gifts. "Jagi... that's a bit much, don't you think?"