Chapter 21: Bonded

Much to Mirasol's relief, she was able to be freed from the persistent Hongbin with Sehun's help.

After his arrival and his words to defend her, it was then Hongbin finally backed off and decided that, yes, she wasn't Jovelyn. Mirasol was finally able to pay for her groceries and leave the store, along with Sehun sticking close in case Hongbin had second thoughts. And to further surprise her, he has helped her carry her items along with those he bought for himself.

He quoted that it was to make himself more believable as her boyfriend. Mira guessed that since the lie was already out there, she'd roll with it.

However, once they were far enough from the grocery store, Mira turned towards Sehun, holding out her hand. "So, um, thank you for helping me back there, but I can carry my own bags now."

Sehun gave her a very displeased look before walking further down the sidewalk. The girl groaned as she picked up her pace to catch up with him. "Look, you never know with desperate guys like him, so it'd be best to wait it out until enough time pass," he quietly murmured to her. "Trust me, I've met people like that and would even have to fight them physically. Those are the ones you have to stay away from."

Before Mirasol could even bare to let out a word to question what brought that whole spiel up, Sehun then turned and crossed the street, to the opposite side to where their apartment building was on. She was quick at his tail, an expression of confusion etched on her face. "Whoa there, Sehun. Where do you think you're doing with my stuff?"

"Well, assuming you're very thankful for what I did, you should buy me something to drink at Azalea's as a kind of reward."

"Excuse me?!"

They've reached the store in mere minutes and entered. Mirasol could only trail behind him as he went up to the counter. She let out an agitated sigh, but she guessed it wouldn't hurt to buy the man one measly drink to satisfy his selfish needs.

They waited in silence while they reached the counter from the line. One girl with dark long hair and doe eyes peered up with a cheerful smile. Her face shifted into one in slight surprise when her gaze landed on Mirasol. "Oh, unnie, surprised to see you here today!" The young cashier chimed.

Mirasol blinked at who looks to be a high school girl, until realizing that the same thing had happened again. At least Jovelyn's coworker wasn't as... frightening. "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm not Jovelyn. I'm her sister, Mirasol." She stuck out her hand to her, tempted to be nice with someone Jovelyn probably admires.

She was welcoming, but just like Hongbin, confused. "I'm Jiho... twin sister?"

"That's right."

"Huh, um..." Jiho's voice trailed off. She undoubtedly looked a bit uncomfortable with the situation before her. But her expression changed back to a friendly look. "Well, no doubt about that! You two are very similar. You two might as well be clones!" Her eyes then glanced over at Sehun. And as if something popped into her mind, her face once again changed to one much less welcoming. "You were with Jovelyn-unnie last week. Weren't you? Why are you two together?"

"We happen to work together," Sehun simply answered, getting less and less tolerant of this dragging conversation. "Can we please just order something? I can see that you're not very keen with me, Jiho."

"Could be the case since I witnessed you being very mean to unnie," Jiho mumbled out, cheeks puffed. "But, anyway, yes. What would you two like today?"

Finally, Sehun and Mirasol ordered their desired drinks. Once paying for them, they went ahead to sit at an empty table, setting all the groceries on the vacant chairs by them. As Jiho had brought over their order herself, the two drank their drinks in peace.

It wasn't... horrible, sitting together like this.

Mirasol very much enjoyed the Taro milktea she had chosen, the distinct sweet taste enough to get her to forget the mess she was a part of only moments ago. She smiled in delight as she sipped more.

Actually, it's been a while she got to enjoy herself like this. Outside the apartment and doing something remotely different. Staying indoors was her preference, but getting sunshine in a new atmosphere with a delicious drink in hand was nice.

Mira peered over and was surprisingly met with Sehun's eyes.

She took the straw out her mouth and uttered, "Yah, why are you looking at me?"

Sehun huffed as he turned his head away, taking a sip of his own drink. "It's nothing. I just... I don't know. It's just that you're not exactly ugly when you smile like that."

Was that... a compliment?

Mira could feel something flare within her at the unexpected comment.

She scoffed, "Well, I would hope not since I'm modeling for you guys."

"Hmm, I guess so."

Yeah, this wasn't a bad time between us, Oh Sehun. For once.

And really, Sehun was thinking the same thing.

A/n: btw, Jiho is an oc from mine and Inês story Anchorage over at baejinnie- ! Just thought it would be nice to use her for a bit~