Chapter 11: Swap

"Wait, excuse me?!"

Mirasol stared down at her sickly sister. The younger felt like her heart was about to leap out her chest at the audacious idea Jovelyn had sprouted. "I love you a lot but couldn't you just call in sick and postpone the photoshoot?"

Jovelyn turned to her side on the bed, a gruff cough leaving her pale lips. "Time is very fickle. And you know Sehun, he's pretty strict."

"Lyn, I can't! I'm not you."

"What do you mean?" The sick girl grinned. "We're one in the same, Mira. What I can do, you can do. You have the potential. I mean, we're both gorgeous, aren't we?"

Mirasol still felt uncomfortable with the situation. It was putting her whole body on overdrive. "Yeah, okay, but I will look awkward. I mean, in the past two weeks since your pictures were displayed in Bravad-Oh, more people poured in both the shop and Azalea's. What if I ruin it by my horrible modeling?"

"It's just this one time," Jovelyn reassured her twin with a chuckle. "If something happens, I'll just tell them next time that I didn't feel good. But you replacing me is better than me not going at all." She placed her hands together in a begging position. "Cmon, Mira bae, this alone is enough to pay for our rent. We absolutely can't lose this gig."

"Are you sure there's no other way?" Mirasol huffed, running her fingers through her rat nest of hair. "Wouldn't Sehun know? What about that other guy, Luhan? You've known those two for a while now, haven't you? It's been more than two months. Surely, they know the difference between the two of us by now."

"You've never met Luhan, hun. And Sehun? Just act a bit more flirtatious and you'll be fine!" Jovelyn's eyes trailed up and down her twin's body. "Well, maybe we should also do something with your hair and add some makeup. I'll also let you borrow my clothes."

"This is a bit much, unnie."

"Mira, I promise I won't ask you to do this again after this one time. I'll stay healthy so I can model in the future." Her legs swung over to the side of the bed, slowly sitting up, and stood alongside the other. She grinned, seeing how Mirasol was no longer rejected the idea. She knew she could count on her. "Come on, let me make you look more like me, okay? I should also get together an outfit for you to wear."

"I am not wearing your wedges..."

Jovelyn giggled. "Okay, okay. You can wear one of your boots then." Slowly getting up, she took hold of Mirasol's shoulders, leading her to their conjoined bathroom. "Come on, sister, let's get you dolled up, hmm?"

"... Alright, unnie."

Even then, as Mirasol thought back to her pleading, her sister urging her to model for the day, she was beginning to have her doubts now that she arrived to the studio. Being stared down by dozens of people, sent a jolt of anxiety through her whole body. She couldn't believe it, she really couldn't. She really was going to pretend she was her pretty model sister.

Could she even survive an hour of this?

"Choi Jovelyn, you're late," Sehun uttered in a stern tone. It wasn't the same kind of rage filled voice Mira was used to. This was much more mature, but still terrifying to be at the receiving end of. A true leader kind of aura.

She gulped down her nervousness. "Sorry, I was debating which top to wear today and lost track of time," Mirasol defended herself with the addition of using her sister's mannerisms. A weak excuse, but her mind just so decided to have a brain fart. Good job, Mira, they'll definitely believe you are Jovelyn. "I won't be late again."

One man, Mira learned was Luhan, stepped forward to her. Just as his hand reached out for her, she flinched back in surprise. The male seemed surprised as well for her sudden action, but to her relief, he recoiled back. "Well, ah, it's okay, Jovelyn. Just go ahead and change into the clothes we set out for you in the changing room. The stylists should be waiting for you there."

"O-Okay." Once giving a bow to the staff, she turned and left out into the hallway. Finally, she could calm down her heart and find her way to the dressing room.

That was way too stressful. Mira could only hope the day would be over soon.

.  .  .

"Was it me or did Jovelyn seem a lot more nervous today?" Tao uttered as he began setting up his camera on its stand. "Luhan-hyung, don't you think so? Did she think we were going to punish her for coming in late?"

"Hah, who knows. Maybe she's developing feelings for me and is starting to get flustered by my touch," Luhan smirked, running his fingers through his dark locks.

Sehun could only roll his eyes at his two good friends. They must've been completely blind if they couldn't figure out the obvious. "Or you know, that wasn't even Jovelyn at all."

"Not Jovelyn?" Tao mused, his eyes averting over to the youngest of the three.

"Are you saying that's Mirasol?" Luhan gaped.

The photographer looked appalled at the news. "Her twin?"

"Exactly that." With his arms crossed and head tilted in thought, Sehun let out a sigh. "We don't have much time until this month's deadline anyway, so we're going to have to see if modeling runs in the family. And if she wants to continue the charade of being her sister, just let her."

"Are you sure?"

Sehun nodded, he'd have to admit. He was interested on how today would pan out. "I'm sure."