Chapter 41: Fool In Love

Mirasol fiddled her thumbs nervously under the table. She was seated between two boys, the one she missed dearly and the other she had befriended this past few months. She wasn't sure what to respond with now that she was given the chance to talk. Her boss had figured out the situation and given Mira a good 30 minutes to do so.

So here she was.

There had been plenty of ups and down for Mirasol for the past year. As much as she had her therapy appointments with Doctor Ahn and been taking medication to help with her sleeping, there were random days whenever Jovelyn would come back to haunt her.

Other days, she had her body to herself.

There had only been one instance. One terrifying instance when Jovelyn managed to take over once again. It was nearing October, the day was chilly. Mirasol wasn't sure what had happened, but she ended up at the rooftop of Minseok's apartment complex. She was right at the edge of the roof, overlooking the roads and shops below her. Luckily, Mira hastily stepped away from there and hurried back inside where it was safe.

But she couldn't bare to sleep for the rest of that night.

However, that was the only time during her treatment.

Mirasol pushed through it all. With the help of her cousins, Minseok and Minhae, they had been the best supporters, taking care of their dongsaeng in need. Even Minhae's husband, Jongdae had been so motivating to have around.

And it was only a couple months ago that Doctor Ahn recommended she try to be outside more, be more independent. So what better way of doing that than to get a job. With Minseok's recommendation at the Bear Cafe, Mira was able to get hired easily.

Sure, she was better, but she didn't think she was well enough to see Sehun again.

Of course, she dreamed of the day she would confidently meet Sehun again. She imagined just waltzing into Oh Corp, healthy as ever, and asking for Sehun at the front desk. And they would have the reunion they've been waiting for.

But here he was in person. In front of her.

This was reality.

And she realized her new friend must've been behind all this.

"I told you, noona. I am a man of a lot of surprises."

Mirasol rolled her eyes at the American-based boy to her right.

When she met Johnny for the first time, he had come into the shop clad in business attire. He was clearly tired from work as he literally had to drag himself into the building. He had slouched onto the counter the very moment Mira was there.

All he said was to give him anything to give him a boost.

Although worried about the ending result, Mirasol went ahead to make a special, personal tea for the unknown man.

After he had paid and taken his tea to sit and rest, one sip of Mirasol's concoction got him wide eyed. He had to rush back over to the counter to shower her with compliments for the brilliant brew.

He said that she had just gained a new fan.

It was from then on that she and Johnny had become acquainted, and soon, friends. The two ended up confiding into each other about their dilemmas and their struggles. While as Mirasol didn't particularly say she had another personality trying to control her body, everything else was fair play to tell Johnny.

That included her past with Oh Corp's heir, Oh Sehun.

"So, I've known Sehun-hyung already because we attended the same university in America."

Mirasol whipped her head towards Johnny, instantly giving him an icy glare. "Are you telling me you knew who I was talking about this whole time and didn't tell me about it?"

"Maybe so!"

Embarrassment flurried in Mira. She could already imagine Johnny and Sehun talking just before this. They must've talked about her and Johnny told him where she was. That's why the heir was here, right?

"Trust me... I didn't know what was happening today either. This is the first time I've seen Johnny in a while," Sehun suddenly piped up.

This calmed Mira's heart a bit, but not the frustration she still had. "How about I leave you two a bit? I know I have things to talk about as well, but this is far more important, alright?" Johnny sent a wink before turning his heel to the counter and buying himself a coffee. Once getting his much needed drink, he decided to go disappear to the second floor, giving the two the privacy they needed in nearly deserted main floor.

Sehun and Mirasol met each other's eyes, and it was just one look they remembered all the feelings they had.

The male took initiative. "Have you been doing okay?" He asked cautiously.

"I can't lie... it has been quite a year, but I've been doing better." Mirasol ran her fingers through her short hair, pursed her lips, and felt that awkwardness in the pit of her stomach. She gulped before asking, "How about you? Have your store been doing alright?"

"Oh, actually... I'm vice president now."

Mira's eyes widened. "You're vice president?! Of Oh Corp??"

Seeing such a reaction from Mira made Sehun smile a bit. "Yeah, I am. My father decided to trust me more for the company."

"That's fantastic, Sehun! I knew you could do it."

They stared at each other for a while longer. They didn't even realize the silence that fell between them, as they were trying to get in every detail of what the past year did to them.

And caught up in his feelings, Sehun murmured out, "Your letter..." Mirasol perked up at the mention of it. She had always been so anxious about what his reaction must've been after reading it. But she guesses now would be the time to know about it. "You said... if we end up meeting again and we still have lingering feelings, that we could try again."

This wasn't what she was expecting so suddenly. She blinked in shock and she leaned over the table. "A-Are you saying you still like me?"

"Nothing changed since the day you left, Mira." There was a prickle to her eyes. Mirasol refrained herself from crying in front of Sehun. But the overwhelming joy she had was urging her to. "Actually in fact, I take that back... I know for a fact I don't like you... I love you."

That was it. It was those words that crossed the line.

Mirasol could feel the tears rolling down her face as she gazed into Sehun's face. His expression seemed so genuine, it only further made her heart go crazy.

Sehun reached over and rubbed his thumb along her cheeks, ridding of the tears. "I missed you so much, Mira. I worked really hard while you were away because I know that's what you have wanted for me to do. But there was always a lingering pain in my heart whenever I remember that you're no longer near me. But I know that while I worked hard, you did too.

"If you could allow me, I want to be there for you from now on. I want you to lean on me too, and to run to me whenever you're having a hard time, I want to do everything within my power to help you... Can I please be by your side?"

"If you're really okay being with someone as broken as me."

"Even if you are broken, I'll help you put the pieces back together."

A laugh left Mira's lips at such a corny reply. She reached over and engulfed Sehun in her arms. To feel him, touch him after so long, it really didn't feel all that real.

How did she end up meeting such a guy?

"That was cheesy and you know it," she giggled into his chest. She pulled away just enough so she could leave a kiss on his cheek. "But, if you really want to, then please, let's try again."

A/n: Happy Valentine's (jaehyun) Day!