Chapter 19: Decide Now

It already seemed the decision was made for the Choi sisters. Within the next two weeks, CeCi magazine had published the pictures not by Jovelyn, but by Mirasol. It had become the talk of their neighborhood, as beauty and fashion lovers of the apartment complex would congratulate Jovelyn for making it into such a well-known magazine.

How unbelievably weird. Since they were all cheering for the wrong twin.

And with the published magazine out gaining rave for the gorgeous and aesthetic shots of the half-Korean lass, Sehun finally made his appearance again in front of the twins... well, one of them.

"Oh Sehun, you really are something else for appearing at our doorstep," Mirasol snarled, upon seeing her neighbor just outside her apartment door. Her eyes drifted towards the humongous bag he held in his arms, the bag itself had a logo of a beauty product she knew Jovelyn adores very much. "What is that?"

"I realized that I may haven't been the best neighbor to either of you, we haven't gotten off on the right foot--"

That was clearly an understatement. Mira scoffed, "Yeah, you can say that again."

The heir feigned from rolling his eyes. "So, I bought gifts so we can all start over."

"Gifts?" Mirasol peered at the bag again. "I don't know if you noticed, but I'm not someone who cares that much about makeup." Before she knew it, Sehun had barged himself into the apartment. Shocked and enraged, Mira followed right after him. "Um, you can't just waltz into someone's place without their permission!"

"Sorry, we're neighbors, I thought it'd be okay."

"Why the hell would you think that?"

Sehun ignored her question and proceeded to place the bag on their kitchen table. He then took out cosmetics that all looked very shimmery and pretty. It was all Jovelyn's style. Just as Mira was about to jab again about how she doesn't use any of the products, he had taken something out that didn't match with the rest.

Staring at it longer, her eyes widened once realizing what it was. It was a cookbook for baked goods, as well as a very fancy, organic spice set that could be used for a variety of desserts and teas. A very eccentric jolt passed through Mira upon seeing it.

"Yeah, these are for you. The makeup and beauty products are for Jovelyn."

The lass frowned to hide the legitimate surprise on her face. "Why would you think I'd like these?"

"I take in details very well, I'll have you know," Sehun uttered. "You baked stuff for me twice now, so I could only assume that you actually like to bake. It is also my keen sense on details that lead me to conclude which twin is which now. I don't need you getting pissy at me for mistaking the two of you now that you'll be working with us.

Mirasol rolled her eyes at this. "I never agreed, Oh Sehun. You should just go ahead and find someone else."

An agitated sigh left the man's lips, tired of this back and forth bullshit. He knew that he needs this to work out, thus he needs to finally make amends with this particular twin. "Look, Mirasol, it is as clear as day here that we're both pretty damn stubborn people. I know you want to get back at me for firing Jovelyn, but this isn't even all on me. We've done a meeting and we came to this decision. We genuinely liked your feel for our store, which is why I'm going out of my way to hire you."

"Doesn't seem to be the case when you added my pictures to CeCi magazine," Mirasol grumbled out, arms crossed. "Isn't there some legal action to take for putting pictures of myself somewhere without my permission?"

"I..." Sehun's gaze dropped. "I'm sorry. It really is all just my selfish doing. But Mirasol, we need you for the store. So, here I am, Oh Sehun of Oh Corporation, begging you to join our team."

Mirasol felt weird, as she stared down the tall man in front of her. Who knew this kind of Sehun existed? It was like she peeked into some kind of alternate universe. "I really don't mean any hard feelings on Jovelyn, but I'm just trying to do what's best for my shop. I like you."

The last sentence caught Mirasol by surprise, and with the way Sehun's own eyes widened, he wasn't expecting those words falling from his lips either. "W-What I mean is that I like you for the shop," he defended himself.

The girl coughed to rid of the sudden awkwardness that mere comment had caused. "Don't worry, I know you wouldn't like me that way."

"Right." Rubbing the back of his neck, he moved on his discomfort. "So, will you?"

"On one condition."

"Which is?"

"If ever my name gets put out anywhere for who knows what," Mira hesitated as she remembered her talk with her sister. "I want to continue being called Jovelyn."

"Why on earth would you do that?"

"Because I want my sister's name known rather than mine."

Sehun pursed his lips as he let the idea simmer into his mind. He didn't want to continue on with this weird charade that the twins had going on, but if that's the only thing that's stopping Mirasol from fully joining him, then... "So, it'll be like your stage-name or something?"

"Yeah, like, I don't know. Like those famous people everyone just knows by that one name," Mirasol explained. "Like Madonna, Beyoncé, Ailee, Hyuna, you get me?"

"Yeah." One last exhale, Sehun then held out his hand towards her. A handshake to make the deal official. Mira wearily eyed the hand, reluctant to meet his hand. "So, will we both work hard and try not to kill each other? We don't have to like each other, that doesn't have to affect our work life."

There was still an unsettling feeling within Mira, like she was backstabbing her own sister for this. But if she allowed her to do this and she will be getting double the pay... how could she refuse such an offer?

Her hand met his, a weird sensation coursing through her body at the simple touch.

"Deal."