Chapter 2

"Holy shit," Joy dazedly murmured as she stared wide-eyed at the attractive brother and sister

They were embroiled in a heated discussion and hadn't even looked up or discovered Joy and company sitting in their SUV rental. Cameron appeared to be arguing with him. She was gesturing wildly and Roman's jaw was tightly clenched; his arms were crossed and his eyes were narrowed as he listened to his sister's tirade. My God. Even with the annoyed look on his face the man was breath-taking and enviably beautiful. Kristen was going to flip out when she saw him standing back there.

"Kristen," Joy said, wildly grabbing her friend by the arm. "Kristen! Kristen look!"

"Leave me alone," Kristen said, snatching her arm away. She was scrolling through her phone looking at old pictures of herself and Carlos.

Joy looked over at her mother to alert her to what was going on; then decided she was still too pissed at her mother to say anything. Besides, her mother was busy looking through her phone as well. Joy looked back out the window at the Dean siblings and slightly rolled her window down, trying in vain to hear what they were saying. She couldn't hear a damn thing. Despite the exaggerated gesturing that was going on, they were speaking in heated whispers. Joy's mouth hung open as she stared at them. She couldn't believe Roman Dean was less than twenty steps away from them and her friend had no idea.

Joy held in the scream that threatened to burst from her vampy red colored lips and tried alerting her friend to Roman's presence again. "Kristen. Kristen you need to turn around. Now."

Kristen looked up at Joy in annoyance, her pretty face twisted with emotion. "Didn't I tell you to leave me alone?"

"You need to turn around. I promise you that you won't give a damn about what's in that phone if you do." Joy leaned closer to her and whispered conspiratorially. "Cameron is back there."

"Cameron who?"

Joy rolled her eyes and dramatically blew through her lips. "Cameron Dean you idiot! Cameron Dean is standing behind the car! Cameron Dean!"

"Joy, what are you over there shrieking like a two year old child about?" her mother asked, glancing up from her phone.

"Mom, Kristen's sister n law is standing behind the car. Look!"

"Sister n law?"

"I wasn't aware I was married to anyone in her family," Kristen dryly replied, looking back at her phone.

"Kristen, will you just turn around and look?"

"What the hell do I want to look at Cameron for? Is she sprouting wings and flying around the yard or something?"

"No, no you don't understand. Look who's with her!"

Kristen loudly sighed and glanced over her shoulder; then immediately jumped and turned around fully. Her phone tumbled to the floor as she grabbed the back of her seat with both hands and stared in breathless awe.