Chapter 30

Kristen placed the note back on the table and lay down on the bed, staring wistfully up at the skylight. She thought about calling him to see where he was then thought against it. He probably needed time to think. They both did. Last night had been so unexpected; so spur of the moment. He probably had a lot on his mind. Things had happened between them so fast. There was a lot that needed to be processed and mulled over. They both needed time and space to let everything sink in. God knows there was a lot she needed to think about. In spite of it all she felt utterly beautiful and happy with the direction their relationship had taken. She couldn't wait to talk to Joy. Joy was probably about to jump out of her skin waiting on her to call. Kristen was excited to see her. She was in a rush to get to her best friend and tell her everything that had happened. Well, almost everything.

She looked at the spot where Roman had slept all night and moved to his side of the bed, smiling. She smothered her face in his pillow, the scent of him leaving her breathless. She lazily drifted her nose from the pillow, down to the sheets. The reaction of her body to his scent on them was immediate and almost visceral. She put her hand between her legs. She was beyond wet. She squeezed, moved against her hand and moaned. What the fuck was wrong with her? Hadn't she had enough? One night with the man and she was already a sex addict.

Her hand stilled between her legs but she didn't move it. She dragged her nose back up to his pillow and deeply inhaled again, gritting her teeth. What the fuck kind of shampoo did he use? It smelled good as hell. She wanted to find it, put it in her hair, and shower with hit so she could smell him all day.

Speaking of showering, she badly needed one. She was sticky and her body was so sore. Maybe a piping hot shower would sooth her muscles and wake her up.

Kristen slowly climbed out of the bed and made her way to the bathroom, twisting her hair up on the way. She stopped as her eyes caught sight of her dress lying one of the leather chairs in the sitting room. She walked over to it and saw that it was pressed. She picked it up and smelled the unmistakable aroma of detergent. He had washed her dress and pressed it? How sweet was that? She looked down at the cushion on the chair and saw her bra was laying on it. She frowned as she wondered where her panties were; then blushed as she remembered he'd torn them off of her. She looked down at the floor and saw her sandals were sitting in front of the chair. Grinning foolishly, she put the dress back on the chair and went to the bathroom.

She quickly used the toilet; then walked over to her favorite sink. There was a spare toothbrush still in its packaging sitting on the sink, along with a fresh towel and rag. Kristen's heart fluttered in her chest at his thoughtfulness. He may've left her high and dry this morning but she'd been on his mind before leaving. That made her feel very special.

She stopped smiling and frowned as she stared at the toothbrush. Why the fuck did he have spare toothbrushes lying around anyway? Just how many overnight guests did he have on any given day? Were any of them women? Kristen could feel herself getting an attitude; then quickly checked herself. She reminded herself that he'd told her it had been a while and she couldn't forget he had a big family and several nieces and nephews. He also had three guest rooms so of course he would have extra toiletries.

She shook off her uneasiness and looked towards the shower. She'd hoped they'd be able to shower together this morning but that wasn't going to happen. She still didn't want to get in there by herself so she opted to shower in one of the guest bathrooms instead. She chose the one they'd made love in. The sheets were still rumpled and a few of the pillows were strewn all over the floor. Her body tingled as she recalled the wild moment they'd shared in it and the way he'd held her when it was all over. She wished she could go back and live those moments over and over again.