Chapter 6

Kristen was having the time of her life. Compared to how she'd felt when she first arrived, her emotions were on a totally different plane now. She was having such a fantastic time with Nick, Alex, and Diego. They gave her a tour of the Dean's ridiculously large backyard and Kristen had to admit the residence was quite impressive. The backyard was beyond huge and at least ten acres. There was an endless array of trees and shade, a tree house, a gazebo with a koi pond, and a barn with a stable full of horses. There were even a few chickens scattered about. The only thing this place was missing was a mall. Kristen wondered if there was a movie theater or bowling alley inside. She couldn't help but feel a little envious. If she lived there, she would never leave the place.

Diego had told her there were a lot of people in the main house so she'd probably have to see the inside of it later. They ended the tour by taking Kristen to see the manmade lake at the back of the property. There were a few ducks in there and fish as well. Kristen was on Cloud 9. She was having such a good time with her three suitors. She almost felt bad for not missing Carlos anymore. He was a sweet guy. But she looked forward to moving on and having new adventures. Especially with these guys.

They were more than entertaining and chivalrous to her. All of them were vying for her attention in their own unique ways. Alex was comfortable in his own skin. He wasn't a big talker but he was complimentary and asked her endless questions about herself. Nick was nervous and kept stuttering but he took every opportunity he could to sing to her and dance for her, showing off both his vocal prowess and impressive rhythm. Diego played it cool but he was looking at her like he wanted to have her for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It would've been unnerving if she didn't find it so intriguing.

He wasn't perverted about it. He seemed genuinely enamored and taken with her. Kristen didn't want to think about what that meant. She just tried to play it as cool as he did. Her mind did drift to Roman every so often. He wasn't far from her thoughts. She couldn't stop hoping he would come back and soon. She was yearning to see if she'd have chemistry with him too. If he'd be as taken with her as the guys were.

After spending about an hour hanging out and chatting by the lake, Nick asked if she wanted to ride with them to their recording studio. They had some vocals they had to fill in for a new song they were working on before the party started. Kristen agreed to tag along.

They were just getting ready to make their way up front to the motorcycles, when Ms. Austin wandered over to them.

"Kristen, have you seen Joy?"

Kristen tentatively looked at her. She hoped and prayed Ms. Austin wouldn't do anything else to embarrass herself or her daughter anymore today. "No maam, I haven't. I did see her go off with Damian and Beau earlier though."

"Maybe I should call her on her cell phone. Knowing her, she probably won't answer. I just hope if she plans on doing anything freaky with either of them she'll stop at the store first and get some rubbers. I know the last thing she wants is to have another herpes scare."