Chapter 23

Kristen's fists clenched in brutal rage; she glared at him with searing hatred

Kristen's fists clenched in brutal rage; she glared at him with searing hatred. "You are a disgusting asshole! Fuck you Roman! If you can't see what I feel for you is real, if none of this has meant anything to you and you think I'm anything like that bitch that hurt you, fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you!"

Kristen couldn't hold it back any longer. The tears began falling from her eyes like rain as she doubled over, holding her stomach as she loudly cried. Something snapped in Roman's steely resolve and he caved. He ran his fingers through his hair; then grabbed his hair with his hands. He leaned over and placed his hands against his knees, and slowly rocked back and forth. Minutes passed. He stood up and looked at her, his eyes filled with regret as he watched her cry. He briefly hesitated then walked over to console her.

Kristen shoved him away. "Get away from me!"

Roman sorrowfully looked at her; then heavily walked to the other side of the room giving her space. He closed his eyes and put his hands in his face. "Fuck, I'm sorry," he gruffly replied as he paced back and forth on the hardwood floor. Agony filled his eyes as he looked at her. "Gotdamnit, I didn't mean to... I'm so sorry Kristen."

Kristen wiped her runny nose and glared at him. "Fuck you!" she yelled, running to the couch to grab her purse.

He started towards her with his hands up in apology. "I didn't mean it. I didn't mean any of that, I'm sorry. Please don't go. I'm sorry. Wait."

He grabbed her arm and she snatched away from him, almost falling down in her heels. "Leave me alone Roman! I'm leaving!"

"Wait, where are you going?"

"Didn't you tell me to leave? Isn't that what you want?"

"I didn't mean that. I swear I didn't. I just... I'm a jerk, I know that. I didn't mean any of that. I promise that's not how I feel about you. Or us." His shoulders slumped and he put his hands in his back pockets, looking mournful and torn. "Don't leave," he whispered. "Please."

"No! I'm getting the fuck out of here!" she yelled, marching to the door. "I don't care where I'm going! I just want to get the fuck away from you!"

Kristen swung the door of Roman's apartment open and fled from his residence, her thick hair swaying crazily behind her as she raced to the elevator.

"Kristen, wait a second!"

"Get the fuck away from me!" she screamed, scrambling away from him as he reached her.

"Wait a second. Just let me explain... Kristen wait!"

Roman's voice was drowned out as Kristen tore open the door leading to the stairs and sped down them, taking them two at a time, almost tripping again and barreling over in her three inch sandals. But she kept going. She wanted to get as far away from this crazy mother-fucker as she could. This man had problems. He had to be bi-polar and that shit was something serious. He was not what she'd expected him to be. At all. He was more than a disappointment. She should've listened to her gut and stayed with Diego. At least he was a gentleman. At least he loved being in her presence. At least she had somewhat of an idea how he felt about her.