Chapter 11

Roman's apartment building was one of the most architecturally beautiful structures she had ever seen

Roman's apartment building was one of the most architecturally beautiful structures she had ever seen. She could see why Roman would live there. It fit him perfectly. It was in the heart of downtown Boston and the outside design was all glass. She could literally see other buildings reflecting in the glass. The building was also unbelievably tall. It seemed to stretch upward for miles and disappear into the sky. She almost passed out when Roman told her he lived on the top floor.

A doorman was waiting at the entrance of the building and Roman coolly greeted him before ushering her inside. Kristen's mouth dropped open in wonder and she gasped out loud as she eyed the lobby. She looked around in awe. It was so fancy she felt she should take her shoes off. It was all stone, marble, and granite, decorated with rich colors. The interior lights were dimmed to create an intimate mood. There were several places to sit and watch TV on the oversized televisions peppered throughout and there was a bar with attractive male and female bartenders strategically placed in the center of it all. She looked to her left and saw the complex even housed a Starbucks.

Kristen smirked to herself. Coffee and Alcohol. That was a lethal combination. If the drunk people collided with the amped up people all hell would break loose.

Kristen noted there wasn't much activity going on and that added to the mystique and romantic element of the building. She was happy to see the few people she and Roman passed on the way to the elevator were friendly and cordial and either spoke or nodded their way in acknowledgment.

Roman placed his hand to her back as he maneuvered her through the lobby and it was all Kristen could do not to melt out of her skin. His touch was light but it sent her hormones raging in a direction that could prove to be dangerous if she wasn't careful.

"Is it usually this empty down here?" she nervously asked him, trying hard to ignore the rising heat in her body.

"Most days," he said. "It's very exclusive, that's why I picked it. Mostly older folks live here and there's not a lot of kids. Even during the days where they might have open house or events for the tenants it's pretty quiet."

Roman pushed the up button on the elevator. Kristen gnawed her lip as she stared at his fingers. They were so long. She bet they'd feel incredible going in and out of her. She closed her eyes to distract herself from the visual and stood in silence beside him as they waited for the doors to open. Once they did, Roman stood back to let her inside first and followed in behind her. He pressed the number 50 and leaned against the back wall of the elevator, looking at her. They were alone.

Kristen was standing in front of the elevator buttons and fought in vain to fight the fluttering in her heart. It was hard to breathe. She wanted to be closer to him but she didn't trust herself. She tried not to appear nervous but it was hard. She could see his reflection in the yellow reflective glass on the elevator doors. He was leaning casually against the wall with his hands in his pockets, sneakily looking her up and down. She wondered if he was doing it on purpose. Did he know the effect he had on her?