Chapter 37

The phone was ringing. And it wouldn't stop. No matter how much she ignored it. It would stop ringing and then immediately start back. Kristen tried to drown it out by putting her pillows over her head but she could still hear it. She didn't have to think twice about who it was.

Swearing in agravation, she threw the pillows on the floor and reached beside her on the bed, picking up her cell phone. She had left it there in case Roman called on his way back from his morning jog. She knew it wasn't him because she'd already programmed a special ringtone for him. 

She hit the answer button and put her hand over her face, sighing loud. "What?"

"Are you coming back to the hotel?" Joy impatiently asked as she popped gum in Kristin's ear.

Kristen irritably looked at the phone and gritted her teeth. Fuck, she hated that sound. Especially when she was operating off a few hours of sleep. "Joy, I told you when I talked to you yesterday I wasn't coming back. I brought my stuff with me."

"Then how are you getting to the airport?"

Kristen rubbed her tired eyes; then shielded them from the bright sun that was bouncing its way into Roman's room with all its blinding rays. "I don't know," she sighed. "Roman, I guess."

"You guess? Did you ask if he would take you or are you just assuming he will?"

"Joy, it's too early in the morning to be asking me all these damn questions."

"Well, where is he? Is he there now?"

"No. He said he was going for a run."

Joy dramatically paused. "Oh-oh. Gone again the morning after? Girl, you must not be fucking him all that well. Damien won't even let me get out of bed to piss after-"

"Joy, no one gives a fuck, okay?" Kristen loudly protested. Joy had hit a nerve and not only because she called asking her endless round of questions.

It didn't make her feel all that hot that for the second day in a row, Roman was gone after a night of wild passion. Well, at least he'd told her face to face that he'd be back this time.

"Must not have been all that good on your end either, the way you keep snapping and growling at me," Joy was muttering.

"Bitch seriously, I am getting ready to hang up on you. It's too early for this shit-"

"Kristen, what are you talking about? It's twelve o' clock in the afternoon."

Kristen peeked over at the clock on the night-stand and turned over on her side, away from the sun. "Oh. The time must've gotten away from me."

"Look, I'm already packed and checked out and heading downstairs to the lobby. Damien's coming to pick me up and I'm going to hang out with him for a while before I go to Logan Airport. Do you need us to come and get you?"

Kristen blew through her lips in frustration. "Didn't I just tell you Roman was taking me to the airport?"

"You didn't say he was taking you. You said 'I guess'."

"Well, I'm sure he will."

"How can you be sure if you haven't asked him?"

"Joy!" Kristen bellowed in frustration. "Would you stop it? I'll call you back. I just got up."

"You just got up? We have to be at the airport in-"

"I know. I said I'll call you back. I promise, okay? Bye."

"Boy, he must've really fucked the hell out of your ass last night, huh? Or maybe not since he left you for the second time in a row this morning."