Chapter 36

A little under an hour later, Kristen and Roman were lounging in the bed, holding one another as soft music played over the speakers imbedded in his ceiling

A little under an hour later, Kristen and Roman were lounging in the bed, holding one another as soft music played over the speakers imbedded in his ceiling. Their feet comfortably rubbed up against one another. Kristen drew small circles over his chest with her index finger, while Roman absent-mindedly caressed her full rear with one hand and skimmed her breast with the other.

Kristen's mind was blown. It was amazing to her how relaxed and free they'd grown with one another. The unspoken language of affection between them was so effortless and felt so normal. It was hard to believe they'd been at each-other's throats only a day before.

Kristen snuggled her face in his chest and softly kissed it before laying her head back on it. "Have you always been like this with girls?"

Roman questioningly looked down at Kristen and frowned. "Huh?'

"Have you been like this with every girl you've been with? So... I don't know. Kinky and expressive. So wild?"

Roman squirmed in discomfort and she sneakily grinned. "I mean you have this image in the press of being the quiet one but behind closed doors... Damn." She blushed and looked away from him, covering her mouth.

"Well, my public face is one thing. How I get down when I'm alone with a woman is something else. Two different people entirely."

Kristen bristled. "So it's all an act?"

"No one needs to know how I roll between the sheets."

Kristen hesitated before asking the next question. "Have you been with other fans before?" She held her breath.

Roman took a while answering her. "Yes," he quietly admitted.

She swallowed against the nausea forming in her throat. "A lot?"

Another long pause. "I would say so. Yes."

Kristen wiggled to get out of his arms and he held her tighter, refusing to let her get away. He tipped her chin up to look into her eyes. "You asked and I want to be honest. It's been a while since I was like that. Years. In our early days, I was worse than Damien, if you can believe that." He released her chin and lay back on the plush pillows, staring up at the skylight. "I was just like any other guy in that situation would be. I wasn't very popular in school and I was always painfully shy. Then, one day, I had girls practically throwing their pussy in my face with little or no effort from me and it gave me confidence. The wrong kind of confidence but it did. I was out there for a while. I'm sure you heard the rumors."

Kristen made a face and nodded. She had. Back then, she'd been too young and her crush was too new for her to give a damn or pay much attention to it. But it was different now. She'd been with him.

"I had my fun but it got boring. I know it's hard to believe but it gets boring pretty quickly. Unfortunately, for a man, bored sex is still sex so you do it anyway." He paused and uncomfortably cleared his throat. "Then, I met Carmen and... Well, that calmed me down. We were friends for a hot minute before.... And I told you how she was after Damien and Nick first..."