Chapter 28

*Mature language

Smiling bashfully at her reflection, Kristen shut off the light and went back into the bedroom, leaving the French doors open. It suddenly dawned on her that she hadn't called Joy to tell her where she was and let her know she was okay. She needed to call in case she was worried.

Kristen felt her way through the dark halls back to the living-room. The layout of his home was already memorized in her mind. She remembered Roman had thrown her purse on the table by the front door, along with his keys. Reaching the front entry, she found her purse and went into the kitchen, turning on the light above the stove. She pulled her phone out of her purse and wasn't surprised to find it was dead.

She located an outlet, plugged up her phone, waited a few seconds, and then turned it on. She had four messages. There was a message from her mom, who had called to make sure she was having a good time. Her mother hadn't bothered her much while she'd been away and she was thankful for that. Her mother had never been overly protective of her, especially because she'd been a good student, made good grades, and had graduated with honors. She figured the Boston trip was the perfect reward for her daughter.

Kristen's dad had also called. His message was very different from her mother's. Her mother looked at her like an adult whereas her dad still saw her as his little girl. He said he hadn't been able to reach her and just wanted to make sure she was okay. He said he'd called Joy and she'd said she didn't know where Kristen was.

He begged Kristen to call him as soon as she got the message. She didn't call him but she texted him and told him her phone had been dead when he'd called and she'd called him later. She left out the part about staying the night with a celebrity she'd loved for years but barely knew. That would kill her father.

She smiled, thinking of him. She was a Daddy's girl. She knew he wouldn't be pleased about what she'd done. He was convinced she would stay a virgin for life. They had a very open relationship and could talk about anything but no way in hell was Kristen ever mentioning this.

Her father had a genuine disdain and distrust of celebrities and hadn't liked her going on the Boston trip. He knew how she felt about the Next Level and Roman especially, and he was worried about some no good rock n roller taken advantage of his baby girl. He was convinced all of them were promiscuous dogs. She didn't know about the rest of them but Roman and Diego were anything but.

She bit her lip and woefully sighed when she saw Diego had also called and left a message. She held her breath as she played the message. He said he just wanted to make sure she was okay. She decided to let things be and call him the next morning. Her heart hurt at the thought that he still had feelings for her and she had crossed the point of no return with Roman, leaving out any further chances of Diego pursuing her.

She was worried about how he might take the news if she and Roman decided to take their relationship further and go public, especially after she'd called him to pick her up and complained about Roman the whole time. She didn't want him to think she'd used him, even if that had been the case.  It made her feel anxious to think about it so she made herself stop.

Joy had texted her, wondering she was. She shot a quick text back and let her know she was at Roman's and would call her the next morning. She knew Joy would have a barrage of questions and she would have to mentally get right before calling her. Joy was not going to believe the crazy, wild, passionate night she'd had.

She looked out the window in the kitchen for a few minutes; then shut off the light and made her way back to Roman's bedroom. She carefully climbed in beside him. She pulled the covers up to her breasts, turned on her side, and snuggled against the pillow, looking at him. She couldn't stop looking at him. Her obsession with him was now more intense than ever.