Our Engagement...

Aadya..

I woke early as it's my big day and thought to take rest afterwards at afternoon .This engagement is a big surprise for me .As my family didn't reveal any news about today's venue, arrangements, my outfits everything. For my every question they replied "Have Patience Dear".

I got ready quickly wearing chudidar and opened the door to see everyone roaming here and there doing all works. I am happy seeing all our relatives Mom's brothers with their family, Dad's Brother and sisters with their families, my cousins everyone are involved in one or other work.

No one noticed my presence as I straight went to hall and sat beside Dad and everyone one by one came to me and finally all our family gathered. I greeted all members and talked about my profession as it's a surprise for them. Everyone congratulated me and most important No one is allowing me to do any work saying to enjoy.

It's already 1pm so we went to garden to have lunch.

Excusing from everyone I went to my room to call Arvind when I'm about to call my cousins took phone from me.

Roja said: "You have whole evening with your Fiance. So no calls, messages for today."

At the same time Lalitha said: "Enjoy this maximum dear. You will not get this day again in your life. Make it memorable as much as possible".

After 10 minutes they gave me my phone saying "Talk to Arvind but fast as we are waiting for youin garden for lunch".

I called Arvind but he isn't lifting calls. I dropped message saying "missing you .I cannot talk to you now. Will meet you at Engagement Ceremony. Take Care ".

I kept phone on my side table and joined my cousins. They started having lunch. In the meantime I haven't seen Vikram since Morning so I asked his whereabouts from Mom, Dad. They replied "Will be here in 10 mins Aadya. Have Lunch It's getting late."

But I being Stubborn didn't listen to anyone and didn't eat till Vikram comes. After 5 minutes I saw Vikram standing in front of me with a plate filled with all my favourite dishes.

"Why didn't you bring yours??Wait I will get for you." I said and bought lunch for vikram and we started eating in silence and my cousins too joined us and our lunch ended laughing and cracking jokes.

It's already 3pm so we retired to my room. Vikram, Lalitha,Venkat,Roja,Sindhu,Abhi,Yaju all started chatting and I am feeling sleepy so I slept on Vikram's Lap.

I woke up at saw that it's 5pm and no one is there beside me.So I quickly took hot shower and came out to see my saree placed on my bed. I liked the combination of colors in this saree it's golden yellow with pink. I draped saree and in the meantime Beauticians arrived to do makeup. I am finally ready at 6pm.Looking into mirror I am shocked seeing me..

Mom,Dad and Vikram came to my room to know whether I am ready but they got emotional seeing me. Wiping their tears I hugged mom and dad.

 Wiping their tears I hugged mom  and dad