Chapter 9

As soon as Abigail and I were home we ran up to my room and started laughing some more.

"I don't know why I'm finding it so hard to believe that you did that, I mean you've always been the 'don't mess with me or you'll regret it' type of girl, but that was like a whole new level" Abi says looking at me with admiration. "You're pretty much my hero now"

I laugh at that and throw a pillow at Abigail which she catches just before it hits her face. "Shut up you dork, I'm nobody's hero" I say playfully.

"You are now" she states.

I accept the compliment with a small smile this time "whatever. Wanna watch a movie?" I ask

"Do you even have to ask?"

🔹🔹🔹

After an hour and thirty five minutes of Nightmare on Elm Street, I'm so jumpy I swear I'm worse than I was when I saw that masked guy at the library.

"I gotta piss" Abigail announces as she stands up.

"Don't leave me all alone!" I cry out, jumping up.

Abi only laughs "Beth you're being silly. I gotta use the bathroom so unless you want me to pee all over your bed tonight, I'm gonna have to leave. I'll be back in a few minutes" she says before walking off.

I sit down on the bed and take a look around my room feeling no safety what so ever. As my eyes scan the room, they bypass a red masked face staring at me through the window. I whip my head back to the window but nothing's there.

My heart is beating a hundred miles an hour (or at least that's what it feels like) I slowly get under my covers trying not to make a sound, why? Not really sure.

I lay down and after a few moments my heart calms down and my breathing goes back to normal.

My eyes start to droop as I lay in heaven (A.K.A my bed)

Just as I'm about to fall asleep I hear breathing, but it's not coming from me. I open my eyes expecting to see Abigail, but instead I find a guy in a red mask staring down at me, the same guy from the library.

I'm about to scream when the guys hand quickly covers my mouth.

My screams are muffled by the guys hand. I bite down into the hand as hard as I can. As soon as he pulls his hand away I leap up out of bed and run as fast as I can to my door but before I get there he grabs onto my shoulder and yanks me back, smacking me hard across the face. I feel tears spring to my eyes at the searing pain that's coursing through my cheek but I don't have time to worry about it right know.

I slowly ease back up against my bookshelf "what do you want from me?" I ask, my voice cracking from fear. I grab the first thing I feel. Without thinking I throw it as hard as I can at the guy.

It hits the guy lightly in the chest and falls to the ground.

My teeny tiny paperback book sample. Of course.

The guy slowly starts walking towards me, I throw everything I can get my hands on at him, each book hits him but no matter how big or how heavy the book is, the guy never budges, he doesn't even flinch. Soon my whole bookcase is empty and he's right in front of me.