Chapter 10

Wait what?!

I push through Abigail and step into my room. My mouth hangs open as I look around.
It's completely spotless.

Everything is where it is supposed to be, my books are on my shelf in the right order, my perfume bottles and deodorants are on the top in the same place they always are. But the weirdest part is, my mirror isn't broken. I closely examine it, there's not a crack, not a single chip. And it's not like the person could have just switched it for a different mirror, this mirror is a one of a kind with its royal blue silk frame, and black lace covering that, plus on the edge of the mirror there's the stain of Abigail's red lipstick lip print.

Suddenly I remember something. I reach up and touch the back of my head, no pain, I look at my hand to see there's no blood. "Look at my head! Is there a mark?" I urgently exclaim at Abi, utterly freaked out. Abigail grabs my head and looks down on it. She gently moves my hair around looking all over my head. "There's nothing there Beth. Your head has no marks what so ever" she tells me.

Shivers course through my entire body. Goosebumps cover my arm despite the warmth of the house. I rub my arms as I look at Abi. "Okay this is beyond creepy, even beyond scary movie creepy" I tell her as tears prick my eyes. She pulls me into a hug "Beth honey" she says simply, holding em right to her. After a moment she speaks "do you think you might have maybe...um...imagined it?" She asks "I'm not saying that you're lying or anything, I totally believe that you believe it happened, I just think that maybe you thought you saw all of that happening because of the movie we watched? I mean you were really freaked out and now your room is spotless. There's no way that the guy could have fixed your entire room in those three minutes that you were out of here. Plus look at your mirror! That mirror is like no other. It even has my lips! I'm sorry Bethany, I'm not trying to make you feel like you're going insane, I'm just saying maybe you thought you saw something that you didn't" Abigail said so fast it was like a squirrel on steroids. I was about to open my mouth and tell her all about how she was wrong, about how I was sure of what I saw when I suddenly wasn't so sure.

Maybe I did imagine all of it, my mind has been acting all weird lately, and I really haven't been getting much sleep. Maybe I thought I saw all of this weird stuff, but it was all really just in my mind, yeah it was a creepy thought, but it would explain how my mirror was perfectly fine, and how my head had no marks, and how everything was back to normal. The more I thought about it, the more convinced I was. There was no way all of that actually happened. My mind must have been making up hallucinations from being so sleep deprived. Yeah that was it. So It was settled, it was all just in my head. Abigail looks at me clearly worried "Bethany? You aren't mad are you?" She asked, her voice regretful. I shake my head "no I'm not. And you're right. I probably did just imagine it all. Now let's get to bed okay? I'm sleepy" I say, determined to get more sleep from now on.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Sorry it's short again I know 😬

Please comment, read, vote and promote!!!