Chapter 15

"What?! No, hell no!" I shriek jumping up from the bed, feeling a shiver run down my body when I think about him sleeping in my room.

He bites his lips as he stares at a random little nothing again, too lost in his own thoughts to look away, after a moment he finally takes his eyes from whatever he was staring at and locks them with mine. "You said that he was at the library two nights ago and then in your room yesterday?" He asks, his eyes moving around slightly as he calculated everything. I slowly nod my head yes. His eyes lock back with mine. "It'll just be tonight, I'll sleep on the floor" he says "and I-" I interrupted by putting my hand up "why? Why do you want to?" I ask. He bites his lip and runs his hand through his hair. "Because, I need to see what's going on" he says slowly, carefully choosing his words.
I narrow my eyes at him. "You're going to have to be more specific than that" I say.

He rolls his eyes and takes a deep breath "well I-I mean I think if he comes over again tonight, I'll be able to...figure some things out that would really help me with my mis-this thing I'm...trying to figure out. Please?" He asks, struggling to figure out the right words to use, it was pretty obvious he was hiding something.

I eyed him suspiciously. I had to admit though, I really enjoyed his begging.
And suddenly I had an idea "okay" I say

"Okay?" He asks, a surprised expression appearing on his face.

"If-" his face falls a little at that-of course it's not free, silly boy.

"You apologize" I say confidently, making him do the exact thing he made me do. He stared at me for a moment, I could tell his mind was reeling.

"I'm sorry Princess, for pouring my smoothie on you. I disrespected and embarrassed you in front of the whole school, that was wrong and I realize that now. Please accept my apology" he spoke gently, his voice, his face, so sincere and serious that I pretty much had no choice but to believe it. There wasn't an ounce of sarcasm, of course, he could just be acting.

I study him for a long moment, sure he sounded and looked sincere, but that doesn't mean I just trust him. He still told me off multiple times, and embarrassed me in front of the whole school, and poured a smoothie on my head, and called me many different names, wait a minute why am I even considering this? He did all of these horrible things to me and yet I'm going to let him sleep in my house? In my room? No guy has ever done that before, there was no way I could let this mean, annoying guy who I shoudnt even be trusting at all sleep in my room.

Suddenly I realize that Jake was studying me with the same amount of concentration as I was him.

"Okay, before you say no-again-will you just hear me out?"

"I already did hear you out and I'm still not convinced" I say, crossing my arms.

Jake closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, getting frustrated, a smile inched the ends of my lips up, at least I knew I could annoy him just like he did me.

Suddenly Jake stands up, staring into my eyes as he steps closer, I take a step back, he steps forward again and automatically my legs step me back, he takes one more step as do I and I feel the wall press against me back.

I try to pull my eyes away from him so that I can find the door and run out, but Its as thoigh my eyes were glued to his, unable to look away from their intensity.

He takes another step forward and I try to take one back but the back of my foot just ends up hitting into the wall.

He's now about half an arms length away. He takes a baby step forward and traps me against the wall by pressing both his hands to the wall on either side of my head.

"Princess listen, I'm not really sure what's going on, Slyder never usually comes this early, I was-well, I can't really tell you, I've been sworn to secrecy, I could be sentenced for telling a mortal...okay I know that none of this is making any sense, and I wish I could explain more, but I can't, just know that I really, really need to sleep over at your house tonight, I won't sleep in your bed, I won't talk to you, I swear you won't even know I'm there." He begs, the urgency in his eyes and voice scares me. What on earth is he talking about? Slyder, sentenced, mortal, what did all of this mean? I knew I shouldn't believe a word Mr Blue Eyes said, but for whatever reason my gut was telling me to believe him, and I've always been a gut girl. I bite the inside of my cheek as I think. I feel Jake move closer, "unless you want to know I'm there" he whispers, sending shivers done my back. I try to hide my blush as I shove him away. He couldn't be serious for one minute? I look at him but his face is completely serious.

"Fine, but only if you swear to tell me everything" I bargained.

He looks into my eyes as a smirk reaches him lips "you already said I could if I apologized" he acknowledges.

I curse at my stupidity inside my head. Why did I agree so easily?

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

This is short I know but I'm going to post another chapter today so you can't be mad!

Please comment, read, vote and promote!!!