Chapter 43

Dirty Little Secret-All American Reject

After crying for about an hour, finally I'm sick of crying. I'm so sick and tired of having red puffy eyes, and rubbed raw cheeks, and slight sore vocal chords. I'm sick of letting Slyder ruin my life, sick of allowing it to make me cry so much, if I keep on crying like this I'm letting it win. It probably loves to watch me cry, knowing that it has control over me. So as I think of that, I feel sick to my stomach and stop the tears from falling. I wipe my face and shake my head "no more crying Bethany, no more letting Slyder rule your emotions" I tell myself quietly.

Then I stand up and I do something I haven't done in a long time, I close my eyes and dance. I know to many of you this is going to sound corny and stupid, but it honestly does help, it calms me down and allows me think straight. So I dance around the whole field, no music playing, but there's music in my mind. I don't think about my moves I just dance, and as I'm doing this I think about everything that's going on, it's not long after that I come up with a solution. a lame, pathetic solution, but at least it's something.

I walk over to my phone and dial the number to the one person I actually feel like talking to, the one person I feel that can help.

"Princess?" Jake's calm, deep says into the phone "hey Jake, I really need somebody to talk to, my mom just told me everything" I say into the phone, sitting down on the grass as I stretch out my legs. There's a pause "where are you?" He asks.

I tell him the directions on how to get here before hanging up. I fall backwards onto the grass and let out an exasperated sigh. Kamaria Kendra, my name isn't Bethany, it's Kamaria. Kamaria, sure it's a really pretty name, but does it suite me? Do I like the name for myself? Will I get people to call Kamaria? Will I just act as if my name was never Kamaria? My own mother named me it, but will I keep it? I'm really not sure at all. It seems so strange to think of myself as a Kamaria, when I've gone through my whole life going by the name Bethany.

Somehow, only two minutes later, Jake pulls in on his motorcycle. He gets off and glances down at me. "What is this place?" He asks looking around. He notices my homemade sign and laughs "Wow, you are clearly very serious about...Secreuni?" He says quirking one of his eyebrows up. I feel my cheeks blush lightly "I made it at a young age, don't judge" I say folding my arms.

His eyes look around again and stop on the homemade shed thingy I made. I can tell he's holding in a laugh as he walks over to it, opening the door. He glances around at the gaps in the wood, and the uneven lengths. "did you make this?" He asks closing the door and turning around to face me. I nod as I suddenly feel self conscious about this whole place. A small smirk curves at his lips "that explains a lot" he says and I scowl at him.

"My building abilities is not what I called you over here for" I say and just like that his face becomes serious "right, why did you call me over?" I let out a sigh and sit down on the ground cross legged, Jake follows and sits down across from me. "My mom...well Brenda just told me all about my past, my mom and dad meeting each other, running away, her becoming pregnant, living in the cabin, giving birth under a full moon, Slyder killing them both, Brenda saving me and moving me to West Virginia, my name being Kamaria, everything. I just feel kind of like doing a mixture of yelling, sleeping, crying, eating, and dying." I say looking down at the grass "I just feel so lost, my mom was always the person I could count on, to tell my the truth, to comfort me, to help me, to...to be my mom, and now I find out that this whole time, she was just lying to me. She's not my mom, she's my aunt. My name's not Bethany, it's Kamaria. I'm not a normal girl, I'm some sort of Eron creature or something I don't know. I just, I feel like everything I know is a lie" I conclude, my eyes glued to the grass as I pull handfuls of it out at a time.