Chapter 21

"Princess? Princess?" A muffled voice says, I want to open my mouth to speak, but I can't move it, or anything for that matter. The smell of peppermint and orange surrounds me.

I feel strong arms wrap around me and hold me bridal style. Gentle steps are taken and then I'm laid down onto a bed. The strong arms leave me, making me feel strangely bereft.

I hear Jake curse under his breathe as he dials a number. Everything is so muffled and strange sounding like it's underwater, or through a tunnel, or both. "Hey, what do I do? You know what happened" Jake's muffled voice says "hey! This is not my fault, it wasn't supposed to happen like this. Now what do I do with her? She won't move, her eyes are wandering all over the place." He informs whoever is on the other end of the phone. It's silent for a moment "I'm okay! Really" I scream, but nothing comes out. All there is is silence and I'm actually convinced that I must have died until I hear Jake's voice again "if I leave her here she's going to di-" silence again "fine, I'll leave her here then, if she dies, it's on your hands you hear me?" Jake's cold and angry voice replies.

And that's the last thing I remember hearing before passing out again from the pain of trying to communicate.

🔹🔹🔹

I wake up I don't know how much later, when I open my eyes, they sting from the brightness, my eyes not used to light from being closed for who knows how long.

"Princess! You're awake" I hear Jake exclaim. I look over to see him sitting on a chair next to the bed, smiling broadly. "Uh yeah, that's me, awake" I answer awkwardly, taken by surprise by Jake's happiness to see me.

"How long have I been out?" I ask but just as Jake opens his mouth to answer me, the door to whosoever room I'm in opens and in walks a buff guy that looks like the Rock on steroids. "It's time" the guy says simply. Jake's eyes widens and he looks from me to the steroid dude and back to me, "no" He says in a worried voice "not yet, she's not ready" the steroid fellow seems to ignore Jake as he walks over and grabs me by the arm and yanks me forward, I feel like my arm pop out of the socket and scream out in pain "stop! Where are you taking me?" I yell but there's no answer. I look behind me hoping to see Jake running after me, but there's nobody there. "Stop!" I screech, I kick and slap and bite on the guy but it's like he feels nothing. He yanks me down a long dim hallway, taking turn after turn. I try to memorize every turn we take, but after the tenth one I lose track. He pulls me forward until we've reached a big, purple door. I hear shouting inside and gulp as the guy pushes me forward, telling me to go inside. I open the door, inside I see-
Just then I bloop away from all of that, and instead am laying in bed, my eyes closed, both my mouth and body unmovable. I moan internally as I realize I'm still stuck in this unmovable body and that was all just a dream.

🔹🔹🔹

"Princess" I feel Jake's breath run down my ear as he whispers quietly, and just like that my eyes snap open "Jake?" I croak, my voice coming out horse and strange, sounding nothing like me. I look over at Mr Blue Eyes.

I see the happy expression that Illuminates his face, but almost as soon as I see it, it's gone and his normal bored/aloof look is back "about time Princess" he says "how long was I out?" I ask, sitting up in the bed, my head feels like there's a hammer on the inside, smashing my skull with all its might, my hand reaches up and rests down on my forehead. "Woah there, calm down" Jake say,  gently pushing my back down.

"You've been...asleep for about-" he looks down at his watch-who still wears a watch nowadays? I swear I've never seen one on him before-"about twelve hours" Jake says nonchalantly. "Twelve hours?!" I yell, jerking up again only to have that pain that I felt early multiplied by a thousand.