Chapter 62

Little Things-One Direction

🔸Adelram's POV🔸

I grab the already soaking wet towel off of the chair and wipe my sweaty face with it.

It feels near impossible to catch my breath after going for fourteen hours straight with only three fifteen minute breaks and three food breaks so far.

If you've ever worked out for even one hour, you can only imagine what I'm going through right now. The pain is unbearable, my muscles are so sore that each movement hurts. I've only ever had to do this once before, and that was when I told the subject I was protecting about Slyder and my job and everything. The stupid ESPP apparently had listening machines in every room in my house besides the basement and so they of course heard me telling the guy and I got my punishment. I made a promise to myself to never tell a subject anything about it again, because other than my house, I have no idea where else they keep these listening devices.

Of course I then broke that promise with Kamaria.

Why does all of my routines change when I'm with Kamaria?

Why didn't I just do the same thing I always do?

Even better question,

Why was she so different than every other person I've met?

Why does her laugh alone send goosebumps to every part of my body?

Why does her smile bring a joy so intense I can't help but smile back?

Why does her cries break down every stone cold wall I've built?

Why does her hugs send warmth to the coldest of places?

Why does her kiss never leave my mind?

Why does her face stay glued to my memory during every second of every day?

Why does she make me want to stay away from every other girl?

Why does her pain feel like my pain?

Why do I never ever want to leave her side?

Why does she make saying goodbye seem like the hardest thing in the world?

Because you love me.

The thought enters my mind and I look down into her eyes knowing the thought came from her. Did she just read my mind?

Yes, I learned a few things while I was away. Her sexy light voice informs inside my head while she grins up at me, a mysterious twinkle in her eyes.