Chapter 53

"You better come back soon Batman! Or I'll hunt you down" Avalynn exclaims, her face scrunched up in worry, it doesn't take reading her mind to see that she's clearly worried he's not going to show back up for a very long time like the last time he left.

Adelram grabs Avalynn up into a hug "I will Ava, I promise" he assures kissing her on the cheek.

She doesn't look very convinced as she looks down, tears welling in her eyes. "But what if you're lying?" She whispers, her eyes glued to the floor.

"How can I prove to you I'm not?" Adelram asks, watching Avalynn with sorrowful eyes.

"I don't know" Avalynn says, her voice wavers as it cracks noticeably.

"How about this, you know how much I absolutely love my motorcycle right?" Adelram questions.

Avalynn's frown doesn't disappear as she nods her head yes.

"Well what if I left it here until I return? You know I can't live too long without my baby, so I'll have to come back soon" Adelram offers hopefully.

I watch in absolute adornment as the forlorn face that was once on Avalynn, quickly vanishes, a look of hesitant relief replacing it, and-surprisingly-a small smile pulls at the corners of her lips. "Really?" Avalynn questions a little skeptically.

"Really and truly. I'll leave it here until I come back, and I solemnly swear that I'll come back soon okay? Pinky promise?" Adelram asks.

Avalynn wraps her small pinky around Adelram's, and gives him a smacking kiss on the cheek "okay, you better not be lying" she warns.

"I'm not" Adelram assures.

After that he says goodbye to Cayden, by giving him that weird guy hug.

Then Lanna, who simply glared at him with crossed arms.

I had read her mind, Adelram and her were super close growing up, they were like that...oh wait, I forgot you can't see my crossed fingers, well anyways, they were closer to each other than they were to anybody else, and then suddenly, without warning, Adelram left. Lanna had no idea where he was, and he didn't speak a word to her or contact her in any way throughout the two years that he was gone. During those two years, Lanna had been going through so much pain, she found out her boyfriend of six years had been cheating on her with her best friend-besides Adelram-of fourteen years, add that with Adelram leaving suddenly without a word, and she had slumped into a deep suicidal depression, which she has yet to get out of.

Then Everett, who appeared to rather be anywhere but there. Everette seems to despise Adelram, though when I tried to read his mind to figure out why? I found that he was only continuously picturing different women's boobs...including mine. Somebody needs to knock some sense into this hormonal teen, he's seriously starting to gross me out.

Then Melina. Melina looked like she wanted to cry, but she smiled and gave him a bear-crushing hug, whispering threats quietly in his ear about what she would do to him if he didn't come back soon.

And last Ray. The man gave him a pat on the back, beaming at him as he told him that he was proud of him for risking his life to save somebody else's.

After I said goodbye to everyone-and rolled my eyes at all of Cayden's goofy goodbye flirting-it was time to leave.

The realization didn't hit me until we were leaving the Eribiss's golden gates.