Chapter 17

Can't Help-Parachute

That morning I woke up and looked down at the spot that Jake once laid, but it was empty, only the neatly folded blanket, and pillow lay there with my folded sweatpants on top.

🔹🔹🔹

I'm walking down the school halls with my green and black weirdly designed leggings and a black t-shirt with "Zombies eat brains, don't worry, you have nothing to worry about" written in green letters, when suddenly a hand smacks me across the back of my head "hey! What's your-" I look over to see Abigail looking at me with folded arms and a stern face. "What? What did I do?" I ask, knowing there's a reason that she's mad at me, just not sure what the reason is.

I start to read her mind to figure it out but before I get the chance she speaks up "Oh gee, let me see, hmm what could you have done? Oh yeah! First you didn't answer any of my calls or texts yesterday. Second you didn't pick me up today so I had to ride the stinky, loud bus. And third,...actually there is no third but only saying two sounds lame." She admits.

Oh frick! I was so busy dealing with Jake yesterday I forgot all about calling or texting Abi, and today I was so distracted by thoughts of things that have been going on lately that I must have forgotten to get her. "I'm really sorry, I'll make it up to you today okay?" I offer apologetically. It doesn't take Abi long at all, a smile spreads across her lips and she wraps me into a hug.

"I have to go to the bathroom now, and since I already know you won't come with, talk to you later okay?" She says "I will if you need me to" I tell her she just shakes her head no and walks off towards the bathroom. I never go into the bathroom with my friends unless they need me to. I think it's a really weird-normal thing between girls. Hey let's go to the bathroom together and listen to each other pee! Yeah, no thanks.

When I get to my locker, I spin the combination in and set some random junk from my bag into it. Random junk that I won't ever use. I really gotta clean out this bag, and this locker... i look into my small mirror on the inside of the door of my locker to see Jake and Cassandra sucking face.

They were going at it so rough that I jerked back at the sight. His hands were groping her butt and her hands were grabbing onto his muscular arms. How the hell were they not getting caught doing this by any of the adults literally walking right past? I felt my stomach drop as a horrible feeling casts over me. This was ridiculous, I shouldn't be feeling like this. Even though I knew Cassandra couldn't hear what I was saying, In my mind I imagined yelling "nasty slut". It's stupid, I know, I have no idea why I feel so sick...probably just because they were so disgusting looking.

Blue eyes snap open and instantly lock with mine in the reflection of the mirror.

We stare at each other as he kisses her hungrily. I can see their tongues as they went all around each other's mouths. My nose instinctively scrunches up in disgust.

Jake pulls away from Cassandra for a moment to give me a smirk and wink. Then his eyes close once again as they make out some more. I slam my locker shut and walk as quickly as possible to the girls bathroom. I find Abigail and we start talking about whatever that really has nothing to do with anything. Once the bell rings for classes to start, I say bye to Abi and go off to start my day with annoying, confusing, frustrating math.

The day goes by pretty quickly, Brandon keeps winking at me and calling me beautiful which I simply blush at, unsure of what to say and still completely amazed that somebody as hot and popular as him likes a quiet, random nobody like me. And then finally, my favorite part of the day is here, lunch.