Chapter 64

Come on get higher-Matt Nathanson

🔸Adelram's POV🔸

Finally the punishment is over. I did the whole 24 hours straight. The workout has left my body sore as hell, but I'm not even going to try to complain about that because I already know that the aching I'm feeling right now, is nothing compared to the pain Kamaria must be feeling. Her pain is probably a thousand times worse than mine right now.

Now that I'm finally finished, I can begin my plan to save Kamaria, well, first I have to talk with Abigail and see how she's doing.

My plan is so close to being full proof, I just need to be absolutely sure that Abigail is okay, after all, That was the sole purpose of Kamaria's whole mission, she'd kill me if I saved her before ensuring Abigail's safety.

"I'll be back later" I inform the buff guy that had watched me throughout the punishment. I walk out the door, attempting to wave, but end up swerving my arm spastically when the soreness came tumbling in.

He doesn't reply, simply stares at me blankly.

I exit the building and immediately turn to my sweet ride, popping the door open and sliding inside. Without a single glance back at the well hidden building, I press my foot against the gas pedal, letting out a sigh of relief when I'm out of the parking lot. It's true that if I want to go through with my plan, I'm going to need this place's help, but that doesn't mean I like it.

Now, it's time to go visit Abigail.

🔹🔹🔹

"It's been great seeing you and all Jake...but can I please see Bethany now?" Abigail pleads, her voice weak, just like her body.

I nervously scratch the back of my neck, darting my eyes anywhere but at her. It doesn't take her long to figure out something's wrong, and as soon as she does, she shoots her hand out quickly, finding mine and grasping it tightly in hers, making me look over into her worried, sad eyes.

"Jake, what happened? Where's Beth?" Abigail asks, the alarm in her voice trumping over every other emotion.

"Well I-she uh...I don't really.." my voice trails off, as I realize I'm not really sure how to tell her that her best friend saved her right before risking her own life and being captured by the very same thing that kidnapped, tortured, and abused Abigail.

"Just freaking say it!" Abigail exclaims as loudly as she can, which isn't very loud at all due to her weak state. Her voice was sharp and demanding and I knew it was best to just tell her, no matter how much I was going to dread it.

"Okay okay" I say, raising my hands up in surrender. Taking a deep breath, I let out the words I prayed I'd never have to say. "Kamaria asked me to bring you to the hospital. She said that she would take care of Slyder and that I could help her out once I got you to safety. I-I didn't get there quick enough. By the time I got there, Slyder had already kidnapped her..." I was interrupted by Abigail

"Why is everyone mentioning Kamaria, I don't know who that is. Slyder told me he was going to kill her and he was using me as bait, but I don't even know a Kamaria." she took a shaky breath trying to contain the tears as she thought back to what Slyder had done. "I am so confused I don't understand what is going on around here and I just want to know what happened to Bethany" she sounded absolutely defeated and was on the verge of tears.