Chapter 48

There's a moment
Between a glance, and a kiss
Where the world stops,
For the briefest of times.
And the only thing between us
Is the anticipation
Of your lips on mine.
A moment,
So intense,
It hangs in the air
As it pulls us closer.
A moment,
So perfect
That when it comes to an end,
We realize;
It's only just beginning.

Kiss Me Slowly-Parachute

🔸Adelram's P.O.V🔸

I growl out in frustration as I slam my fist as hard as I can against the wall, ignoring the angry shooting pain that sears up my arm.

I curse profanities under my breath, falling back on my bed, my hands covering my face.

I'm such an idiot. I knew that she was feeling guilty the other day for almost kissing me, I knew that she was going to feel bad afterward if I kissed her, that's why I wasn't going to.

But then she bit her bottom lip.

Such a simple action, something so small and insignificant, yet it was the sexiest move I've ever seen.

The way that her gorgeous illuminating eyes were slightly widened in nervous anticipation, the way that her breathing was short and cut off, the way her cheeks were flushing a light pink, still I was somehow able to control myself and keep my lips from crashing into hers.

But then she bit her sexy plump lip, and just like that all of my restraints were broken, I couldn't resist.

I quickly pushed my lips onto her soft, warm mouth. I instantly felt my heart leap before beginning to pound against my chest wildly. I prayed I wouldn't have to lose all of my pride by having her hear it. The feeling of kissing her, it was just so surreal, unlike anything I've ever felt before. As soon as it happened I was hungry for more. I urgently wanted to deepen the kiss, to push it farther, to taste her mouth, the mouth I'd been craving to taste for a long time now. I wanted to feel every part of her.

But then I suddenly realized what I was doing, I couldn't allow myself to let my princess feel the guilt I knew she would by continuing to kiss her, I was going to pull away, but then she surprised me and began kissing me back, with a need I didn't know she had.

How could I refuse that? It's like I lost all of my self control at that very moment when she opened her mouth and not only granted me entrance, but pushed her own tongue into my mouth. It was electrifying. It was like her mouth was made for mine, her body formed to match mine. The yin to my yang.

Now let me tell you, I've kissed many girls, hundreds of girls, but kissing Kamaria, there was nothing that could compare...oh man listen to me, I'm a friggin pansy. I sound like some romance novel reading chick.

I growl out in frustration and sit up on my bed.

After making out with Kamaria, I felt incredible, I felt on top of the world, but that all came crashing down when her face revealed a look of mortification. She felt guilty, horribly penitent. She was angry at herself for kissing me.

And just like that all my former excitement washed away. Knowing that the very same kiss that made me feel untouchable was making Kamaria have that look on her face, that look of pure regret...made me feel like kicking myself. If I were able to go back in time I would. I don't care that I wouldn't be able to have that kiss, as long as my princess wouldn't have to feel the way she is right now.

Her eyes started to become bloodshot, a light pink tinge, as tears brimmed. I wanted so badly to step forward and hold her, to tell her that it's okay, but she wouldn't let me, she told me to leave and I read her mind, she needed me to leave so she could be alone.

So here I am hating myself for making her feel so much guilt. If only she knew there's no reason to feel guilty, if only she knew the truth about Abigail. Sure Abigail's nice, but I could feel myself start to fall for Kamaria in ways I hadn't before this very moment.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

For the first time ever I showed Adelram's point of view, I don't plan on making this a regular thing per say, but I do want to have a couple chapters here and there from now on with his point of view.

This is the shortest chapter I've written in a long time and I apologize, I'm just trying to show you how he felt, and I wanted you to get a little taste of the teeny tiny twist ahead involving Adelram, it's not much, but yeah. Hope you enjoyed.

Please comment, read, vote, and promote!!!