• Chapter 17 •

A/N; No school today! But I do have spac😔. For all you clueless ones that have no clue what spac is, it's like a parent teacher interview, but you have this giant as book full of your work from the last semester, you present it to a teacher and your parent. I'll be gone by 2:45PM and get back shortly after. Possibly double update? Don't get your hopes up though. K, byeeeee😘➰.
———
Ruby's POV:
.....................
"How bad do you think she'll scream at us?" Joey asks as Lulu parks the truck into our driveway. "Oh you know" I shrug, taking off my seatbelt "her anger beeper is most likely screaming it's ass off". "Wait!" Lulu says, stopping me from opening the door, as she turns off the car.

"What is it?" Joey asks, taking off his seatbelt. "This is what I have came up with" Lulu starts "so, Joey, your gonna say that after we went to the cafe, you chilled at a friends house, a friend that they have no clue about".

"Got it" Joey nods.

"And you" she says, pointing to me "I want you to start wearing clothing that'll cover up your injuries, no matter how hot the weather is. We can't let them know your injured, and we'll return back to the pack house when the stitching and bandages are ready to be taken off. Cool?"

I glance down to my shoulder. I'm wearing Skylar's grey hoodie that she gave to me, covering up everything. I'm still wearing my black shorts I originally had before the field scene happened. "Alright, but what's our excuse" I say, rubbing my neck.

"After the cafe we went to the cinemas and watched a movie, but we couldn't contact them over Facebook or anything like that to tell them because both our phones died" Lulu quickly rambles. I nod.

"Understood soldier?" She shouted playfully. "Yes Ma'm" I saluted, cracking up laughing after.

"Alright peps, let's do this" Joey says, letting out a shaky breath. "Must be shitting your pants Joey ay?" I laugh, hopping out of the truck. I heard him scoff as he exits the truck along with Lulu. She locks the truck before we painstakingly walk towards the entrance of the house. I tug my sleeve down nervously as Joey opens the door slowly.

"Ever since they left for school" I recognised as Rosie, sobbing. "Mum?" Lulu called out, rushing towards her. Joey closed the door as we follow. "Lulu?!" Rosie screamed, along with feet patting the ground, coming closer and closer. The three of us entered the living room to see Rosie standing by the black sofa. She dropped the home phone that she had to her ear and came bolting towards us, with red puffy eyes and tears streaming down her cheek.

"Are you ok mum?" Lulu asks, engulfing her with a hug. Rosie doesn't answer as she sobs into Lulu's shoulder, crushing her. "Mum, it's ok, we're fine" Joey says softly, hugging her too.

"Oh Rosie" I say sad, hugging her also. Just like it was the end of the world, Joey, Lulu and I were hugging mum. I feel REALLY bad. We made her so upset and frightened. "Sit on the couch you three" Rosie sniffed, pulling back.

"Mum" Lulu said, taking a seat on the sofa. I sat next to her with Joey on the other side of her. "We're terribly sorry for making you worried" Lulu said as Rosie took a seat on the opposite sofa from us.

"Joey was at a-" Lulu was about to start but got cut off. "I don't care where you were!" Rosie shouted, making us all jump out of our skin "I'm just happy that your alive!". "W-Why wouldn't we be alive?" Joey asked, even though we were surrounded by 6 foot werewolves at the field about 5 hours ago. Rosie releases a shaky breath and looks at us.

"Not only did I see on Facebook that there was a flooding of giant wolves at the field we always visit" she says, glancing to the floor "but your farther's in hospital".

We all gasp. "What?! How, what happened?!" Joey and Lulu say at the same time, as I sit there shocked. His as healthy as a new born baby, he couldn't have had an attack of some sort. Right? Well, he is pretty old, but very healthy!

"Your farther stayed in the city last night since he finished his shift late, and said he'll come home in the morning, after you kids have left" she explains, with a tear rolling down her face "but on Facebook and all over the news, it had a picture of your farther laying in a dark alleyway, behind his work place, passed out with 2 holes in this neck, with blood all over his clothing. They immediately took him to the hospital in the city. I went to visit him, but he hasn't awoken. Once I came home, with your high school being over, non of you were here. I started to panic, thinking something similar had happened to one of you".

Vampires, that's all I have flowing in my mind right now. Vampires. They're starting to take over the GOOD part of the city now! Wait, if a vampire really DID bite Keith, then? Then is he going to die, or turn into a vampire?

"What do you think it was?" Joey asked, with a tear going down his cheek. "I would think it was a vampire, but that's beyond a stupid answer" Rosie sighs, wiping away her tears. "His going to be ok right?" Lulu sobs. I instantly wrap my arms around her shoulders, giving her a strong side hug.

"The nurses aren't having that much hope for him" Rosie says shakily "but I do". "We all do" I say, patting Lulu's back. Before another word could escape our mouths, there was a loud and powerful bang on our front door. "I'll get it" I assist, standing up.

"I'll come" Joey nods, standing up also. I walk over to the door, with Joey behind. I glance back to Lulu and Rosie, seeing them both engulf each other. I open the door and look at the two men infront of me. Police officers with theirs hands on their guns.

"What have you done now Joey?" I say annoyed, turning to him. The past times police officers have knocked on our door is because of Joey, constantly doing something he ain't suppose to do! The two officers laugh, both having million dollar smiles.

The officer to the left looks 19 or so, with a sword like jawline and green mild eyes with tan skin and messy dirt blonde hair. His body over towers mine with broad shoulders and his 6'4 height.

The officer to the right looks 30 or so, with a decent jawline with black hair and dark blue eyes, like mine, with pale skin. He also has a tall, fit, strong body.

"No sweetie, we came cause there was a woman crying on the phone, then it suddenly cut out" the officer to the right explained. "Is everything ok here?" The other one asked.

"Yes, everything is fine officers, don't worry" I reassure. "Alright then, sorry for bothering you" the officer to the right says, taking a step away.

"It's fine, don't worry about it. I appreciate the concern though" I say. "Anytime, and hey, call us up if anything bad happens" the officer to the left says, all flirty. I smirk, rolling my eyes and shutting the door.

"Gross" I scoff, with Joey standing there amused.
———
A/N; Ok, so I'm pretty 100% sure I had 3k views on this story yesterday, right? And now this moda efen story has 4K!? My goodness! How is this even possible?!😵🔰. Btw, hope your enjoying your first day of summerrrr! Well, if your in Australia that is💯🇦🇺.