• Chapter 57 •

A/N; Sorry for no update yesterday you peopleee. I was busy having a fun day with a friend ONCE AGAIN👋🏼💞! Again, terribly sorry. Also, "//" I'm just OBSESSED with this song right now, O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D! Now, ON WITH DA CHAPTERRR😭💩🚙💨.
———
Nae's POV:
.......................
"Watch out Nae!" I heard Skylar call out through all of the growls, howls and shots being fired, commonly known as the battle field. I swiftly turn around, expecting to see Skylar. But instead, I turn around to see a rogue charging my way at full speed. Wow, what a surprise! Note the sarcasm.

I took a deep breath and tightened my grip on the steel blade Zara handed me, watching the rogue come closer and closer by the second.

Then, with surprisingly perfect timing, I swiftly bent down onto my knees and slid, slicing the whole rogue's side as it dashes passed. I quickly stood up and stared at the rogue, seeing it shrink down into a male naked body, laying there lifeless on his back.

Well, his junk is in full display now. What a horrible way to have a dead body.

"NAE! NAE!" I once again heard Skylar call out. I looked in the direction I heard her voice, scanning the area. There was no sign of her until I saw her appear from behind a now dead rogue, sprinting towards me. I slide the blade back into the holster and sprint towards her. Surprisingly with ease, I dodged some flying bullets, daggers and other weapons.

"I need your help!" Skylar shouts over the noise, grabbing my arm. "Same! Have you seen Zero?!" I shout, scrunching my eyebrows. When we first charged into the fight, Zero was by my side, fighting in his human form. We both got caught up in a couple of fights, then out of the blue we both parted ways. And I never intended to do that!

I don't think Zero would of intended that either.

"No! I'm sorry, I haven't seen him around!" Skylar explains, scanning the premises around us for any attackers "but I need your help to end Kiki, she disappeared into the forest! You go through the East side of the forest as I go North! We can both trap her and ruin her! Are you down?!" I hesitated for a bit, worried about Zero. Who am I kidding? Zero is in third command!

He's strong as heck and could destroy anyone with a stare! I glanced around and nodded "Plan's in action!" Skylar smiled widely and nodded before turning around on her heels and sprinting towards the North part of the forest. I do the same thing and head to the East part. As unnoticeable and quickly as I could be, I made it into the forest, blending in behind trees as I rush towards the ambush. Oh, you have no idea what I have in-store for Kiki.

No idea! I gasped in fright as a hand got smashed over my mouth, with an arm wrapping around my torso and quickly dragged me back further into the forest! I whipped out my blade, but unfortunately before I could use it, that someone dragging me as fast as lighting grabbed the blade and threw it away.

I roughly grabbed the hand over my mouth and wrapped my mouth around it, biting down as hard as I could. Fun fact; biting down on a finger only takes the strength on biting down on a carrot. Fun fact; I love carrots! A manly scream echoed through the forest as the hand pulled back, tasting blood in my mouth. I cringed and spat out the blood, wiping my mouth afterwards.

//

"If only this was your blood all over my fingers" a voice I recognised sighed from behind me. "If only you were dead" I sighed mockingly, turning around and facing this bleeding finger guy. And what a shocker! It's Corey.

"Well, thats the thing" Corey smirked, walking towards me and I shuffled back "I'm already half dead, since, you know? Being a vampire and all! So, if only you were turned into a vampire like, yours truely, and be half dead with me". "Pity that'll never happen!" I laughed humorously, charging towards him. "Saying it'll never happen as you come straight to me, logic!" He laughed, meeting me half way.

"Yeah, I'm heading straight towards you cause I'm gonna whoop your ass!" I screeched, throwing a punch in the direction of Corey's pervert, fuckboy face.

"Come on Nae" he sighed, catching my fist like it was nothing "I don't want to hurt you, and I shouldn't have to. We can do this the easy way as long as you work with me, that'd be amazingly great".

"My hands snapping your neck would be amazingly great" a voice snarled from behind me, sending butterflies in my stomach along with a shiver down my spine. I glance over my shoulder and smirk in joy, seeing Zero appear from out of the forest.

"Me ripping your throat out would be amazingly great" Corey hissed, shoving me behind him so roughly that I fell onto my butt, groaning in pain. "You're going to regret even looking at my mate you leech!" I heard Zero growl, with footsteps storming this way. "You'll regret being her mate" Corey shot back, storming towards Zero. I quickly got up, in synched with Zero throwing a punch. Corey, unfortunately, swiftly slid under the punch and hooked Zero's ribs, making him grunt in pain. In a millisecond, Corey picked up Zero and slammed him to the ground, straddling him while throwing punches as Zero struggled blocking them.

I shoot my eyes around panicking, searching for my blade that prick threw away. With luck, I spotted it beside a tree. Without another thought, I ran over to the blade and snatched it into my hands, glaring back at Corey. Oh how bad he's going to end up! With no hesitation, I stormed over to that leech. In no time, I'm standing behind Corey and I raise my blade up, about to slice it through his whole body. I squeezed my eyes shut, grunting out in power and slammed the blade down.

A soon as the blade jammed into something, my heart stopped. It felt like the world around me stopped. My muscles became weak and stringy and my legs became jelly, as my body became light, feeling like gravity disappeared. I reopened my eyes, to only fill them up with tears.

The blade was an inch deep in between my mates head all the way down to his torso. I stared at what I've done as I dropped to my knees with a sob, letting go of the blade and letting it dropped on Zero's side. I glance around slowly, seeing Corey no where insight, glancing back down to this horrid sight. "No, Zero" I sob harder, shuffling closer and cradling him "Zero, no no no". The blood begun to overflow his beautiful face along with his strong torso, with the tears overflowing my face along with uncontrollable sadness and hatred for everything overflowing my body.
———
A/N; To be honest, I'm not going to lie, moisture started to rise in my eyes just thinking about killing Zero off. I even hate myself as much as ReneeCarr1 is going to hate me! But just know that I love you Renee! And yes, you reading! I love you! 😬😭🥀.