• Chapter 53 •

A/N; HELLO! So, quick note, tomorrow most likely I won't be updating since I'll be hanging out with a friend . So, yeah! Just a heads up! 🦋🥒
———
Lulu's POV:
....................
What, the actual.....fuck? I felt Chad continuing to carry me towards the truck, turning his back to Vale. I peeked through my closed eyes to see Vale staring at the back of Chad's head, with her eyebrows scrunched and her lips pouting. She sighed in defeat and looked down at her toes, turning around and dashing into the forest, disappearing from sight.

Oh how much questions I have for him is UNREAAAL! Was Vale his ex-girl or something?! He never mentioned him having a past girlfriend. And what's this "promise" they speak of. This sickening, aching feeling is flooding into my stomach as he opens the car door, with these thoughts floating around in my brain.

And, yes. At the moment, I'm playing dead, with the pack warrior, aka my mate, not noticing. What can I say, I'm a natural. I felt him take a seat beside someone, placing me onto his lap afterwards.

"Who, what, when, where, why and how?" Zero breathed out, with a seat in between us as Chad closed the door. A couple of seconds after, the car started to move. "It's a long story you guys" Chad sighed "I'll explain to all of you once we reach the pack house". "No, you'll explain now!" I snap, sitting straight up with my arms crossed over my chest.

Chad gasped in fright, tightening his grip on me. "Lulu, thank god you're awake" he breathed out, wrapping his arms around me and snuggling his head into my neck. "Na na na bruh" I laughed, pushing his face away "no changing the subject. Tell me how you knew Vale and tell me the whole history behind it". "Yeah dude, like what da actual ef?" Jake asked, glancing to Chad through the rearview mirror.

"Start explaining" Holly nodded, turning around in her seat. "Guys, I'll explain when we reconnect with the Alpha and Luna, then I'll spill out all the information you need, okay. Please?" Chad sighed, looking out the window.

"Was she your ex-girlfriend? And now she's wants you back?" I glare "Just tell me Chad, right now, I need to know". "Not now Lulu alright" Chad exhaled, not sparing one glance at me. I sighed in annoyance, glaring daggers into him. He's very aware of my gaze, burning holes into his face, yet he ignores me. "Asshole" I mumbled, a hurting ache in my heart as I tare off his hold and slide off into the spare seat.

"Lulu" he sighed, placing his hand on my shoulder. "Don't touch me" I snapped, with my voice breaking as I slap his hand off. "I'm sorry, you in my arms helps me relax and.....and it feels right" he pleaded.

"Well being in your arms feels like a lie" I snap "it's feels like you've been hiding something very major ever since we spared a glance at each other. I can promise you that I will not be talking to you until you explain everything and tell me the truth! Starting......now".

"Lulu" Chad asked, hearing the hurt flowing around through his voice. I scrunched my eyebrows and continued to look out the front window, fighting the urge to look at him UNTIL he starts explaining.

"Come on bro, just drop it. Tell us" Zero encouraged.

"Vale, the two of us were close friends" Chad sighs "this was before I was saved by the pack by the way. We met up in the place we always meet up at, underneath a large tree. We first knew about each other when a horrid weather hit my parents and I. We were struggling, with no shelter for us to stay safe, then, Vale came and hid us in her tool shed. She told us about witches and how she was one, and that her cult was near by. Anyway, we met up at the place this one day and she was down. I asked her why, but she just apologised. I didn't understand why until I heard my mother's whimper and my farther's vicious growl echo through the forest. The both of them came out of the trees and straight towards Vale and I, but before they could come any closer, 5 witches that were apart of Vale's cult came out after them and turned them into dust. Vale was also screeching at me before hand, telling me to go, before she disappeared into the forest that is, and just then, that was the first time I saw her since that event. Since that event when she promised me to never tell her cult members, but she did. Also, t-the witches felt SORRY for me, so they didn't kill me. Instead, they sent rogues to chase and attack me into a territory. A territory I'm now playing the role as the Pack Warrior."

I keep staring out the window, soaking up everything while having a shocked expression on my face, including the rest. Yes, even Nae's conscious face has a shocked expression. Wait, Nae's conscious face?!

"Wow Chad.....wow" Nae breathes out. "Well hey there sleeping beauty" Zero cooed, bringing Nae closer to him.

"Hello!" She smiled, deepening herself closer into his chest. "Wait" Jake said with scrunched eyebrows "didn't you say that rogues-". "Yeah, I know. I said that rogues killed my parents and harmed me. When I said that I was harmed by rogues, that was the truth, but my parents death by rogues, that was a lie. I never mentioned those witches since I was raised to keep promises and to wait for a relationship until I find my mate" Chad sighed, placing his hand on my knee "and I kept the promise to Vale to never tell anyone about witches".

"Even though Vale told her cult about your parents and yourself living by them" Zero said in a duh voice. "Yeah" Chad chuckled.

I glanced over to him and sighed heavily. God damn it Chad!

"You have a lot of explaining to do to Enth and Ruby, actually no, the explaining will have to go to Fredrick and Zara since the two of them looked after the pack at the time of your arrival" Jake rants, keeping his gaze glued to the road. "I know" Chad nods, glancing to me.

"It'll be okay" I cooed, resting my head on his shoulder. "That'll help me sleep at night" he cooed playfully, resting his head on top of mine.
———
A/N; WOW! WOOOOW! OKAY! WOOOW! LEGITTT?! WHAT?! As I typed this chapter today I was at 194k views, and now! NOW! 200k VIEWS! BRAND NEW PEOPLE ARE READING MY STORY BY THE SECOND! Yeah, um, I'm kind of dead now, so, no update tomorrow! ☠️☄️👻.