• Chapter 40 •

A/N; It's raining it's poring, the old man is snoring. Went to bed, bumped his head, COULDN'T GET UP IN THE MORNINGGGG!!!☠️⛈(it's raining right now where I am btw😁)
———
Piper's POV:
.....................
"Alright guys, I'm....uh....I-I'm just.....gonna get a quick snack, I-I'll be at the Purple Rose Café" I say, waving to them as I back away steadyly from the clothing shop. "Alright, be quick" Enth nodded, clearly not seeing that I'm nervous while he holds Ruby's hand. "Make sure the boogeyman doesn't kidnap you" Skylar laughed, burying herself deeper into Joey's chest.

"Haha, w-whatever" I chuckled, power walking towards the café. I'm not hungry, and I'm not getting a quick snack. Besides the amazing scent of food, there's this other scent, caramel and flowers swirling together. The scent made my eyes widen, a smile grow on my face and made my wolf, Zara, going crazy, forcing me to go to the scent. What makes my heart race 1000km an hour, is that Zara, my wolf, keeps mumbling the word mate. And yeah, I think it's crazy that my wolf's name is the same as my mother's.

It was a huge coincidence , and it sucks that we don't get to choose our wolf's name, and they just automatically come with one once we shift. I enter the café and look around frantically, staring at each and every face to get AT LEAST a spark. I gasped and made eye contact with him. Yes, him, my mate. He was tall with black hair and pale skin, wearing a dark purple uniform while standing behind the cash register. And by looking at him, I could sense he's human, with adoration flying through my eyes, I can just feel it.

But hey, I'm don't mind if he's human. Lulu, Ruby, Nae and Joey are human and they're awesome. But since HE IS a human, I've gotta drop hints and....flirt, like normal people do when they want to be with someone. But oh no, I don't WANT to be with him. I NEED to be with him!

After a minute of staring at him, he turns his head and noticed me, gasping a little. Even if he was a panda, he'd still be able to feel the connection between us. I smile at him sweetly, threading my fingers through my silky black hair. He nervously laughed and waved at me, blankly ignoring the customer infront of him. I held in my laugh as he snapped back into reality, dealing with a quite pissed customer.

I rolled my eyes and took an empty seat for two, hoping he'd come over and sit opposite of me. I watched him deal with the customer, glancing and smiling at me every so often. After the customer was satisfied and no more people were waiting in line, he disappeared into the "staff only" door, making Zara and myself whimper.

But, shortly after staring at the door, waiting, he came back out with a grey shirt on, making his muscles pop out (which, I'm not complaining at all) and black jeans with a plastic bag in his hands, which, I'm assuming, has his uniform in it.

He scanned around the café, his eyes shortly landing on me and smiled, making his way over. Alright Piper, act natural. 'Try not to look like an idiot, alright?' Zara sighed, twirling around. 'Oh shut it' I snap, adjusting my sitting position while snapping the connection in half.

"Uh...h-hi" my beautiful mate, standing before me laughed nervously, itching his neck. "Hey" I giggled, laughing my ass off on the inside. He's too cute and funny! I love him already!

"M-May I? Uh.....like, sit. Sit in t-the chair, right here" he stutters, pointing at the chair opposite. "More than happy" I smile, leaning onto the table.

"Nice" he laughed, pulls out the chair. But before he could even blink, Zero appeared from thin air and swooped the chair away, and placing it to my side and sat on it. "Oh....uh" my mate said, with confusion and annoyance swirling around in his voice.