Prologue - Forever

"You are so slow! Keep up, Silas!" Aelia laughed as she ran through the forest, the blue material of her dress and head-dress billowing behind her.

Silas paused his run, smiling at the joy in his love's voice before gaining speed again and nearing closer to her. Just before she could leap over the creek, Silas caught her in his arms, spinning her around in circles.

She turned her head, looking over her shoulder, smiling brightly at Silas, before kissing his cheek as he set her down, turning her to face him.

"Oh, gentle, sweet man," she sighed, stroking his cheek. "What shall your reward be for catching me?"

"Hmmm, how about a real kiss?" Silas grinned in amusement.

Aelia raised her brow, pursing her lips in thought, "I suppose the victor that captured the fleeting lady shall be compensated".

She leaned forward and allowed her lips to meet his own, smiling against his lips as that familiar tingle enveloped her body. She pulled back, noticing Silas still had his eyes closed, a smile spread across his face and leaned forward, pecking his lips once more.

"Oh, Silas," she sighed. She fell into his welcoming arms, almost humming as his hands stroked her long brunette hair a comfort she could only feel from Silas. "I never want this moment to end; I wish to be with you for all eternity."

"I don't ever want to be parted from you either. Even in death," He smiled, curling the long strands around his fingers.

"This could be a possibility," Aella beamed. "I had a vision of Qetsiyah and ourselves in a new, beautiful world wearing strange garments. She believes that this could be possible using an elixir."

"Qetsiyah?" Silas questioned, feeling a slight unnerve. "She believes this is one of your visions?"

It was no secret that Aelia's visions were worshipped amongst their community. While they could not be forced, they did appear when most needed. This was just one of the very many powers that made Qetsiyah, Silas, and Aelia known as the most powerful beings in their colony.

"If Qetsiyah believes this to be true, and can create an elixir that can defeat even death, then we must speak with her soon so our worries can be freed," Silas suggested. He took Aelia's hand, leading her back to his quarters as she laughed at his urgency.

Arriving at Silas' quarters, Silas pecked her lips once more before walking with speed to where he knew Qetsiyah would be.

Aelia shook her head with a grin as she stepped into his quarters, moving to where her brush lay beside his own, so she could smooth back the knots that had developed while running from Silas. Just as her hand began the first stroke, a hand seized the brush from her delicate hands.

Aelia smiled through the mirror at the girl with her beautiful face covered. It was a must for all those who served the witches of their group, Qetsiyah's most important demanded from the women.

"Dearest Amara, must you hide your face from your closest friend? Qetsiyah will not come to these quarters while she is planning her party," Aelia smiled.

Amara stared through the mirror at Aelia for a moment before moving her hands to where her scarf clasped near her ear. Unhooking the clasp, the material fell to reveal her smiling face. When Aelia clapped her hands at the action, Amara smiled down at her before combing the rest of Aelia's dark silky hair.

"Do you know what Qetsiyah is planning the celebrations for?" Amara questioned, finishing the first stroke at the bottom of Aelia's spine.

Aelia shrugged her shoulder, "She is keeping it a secret from me, but she did say that it involves Silas. I'm hoping it's to celebrate his birth week; he becomes of age after the next full moon."