Chapter 90 - And then there were two...

MYSTIC FALLS HOSPITAL

Thankfully, it didn't take too long to make up a story about why Aella was so angry at Bonnie and why Bonnie had left the hospital. Matt had taken the news on Caroline as well as Aella as she held him close while he cried on her shoulder.

Now, she, Stefan,  and Matt, just waited. Damon had been with them initially, but Liz arrived, and Damon took to waiting with her. It had made Aella smile for the first time since her argument with Bonnie at the friendship that had developed between Liz and Damon.

Stefan's hand hadn't left hers, even when they went to get coffee and actually return with it this time. The only time he let go of her hand was as he held her and Matt's coffee when Aella's phone rang. She rolled her eyes when she saw it was Elena calling, "She's probably going to chew me out for what happened with Bonnie." She answered the phone, and before she could even say anything, Elena was crying down the phone. "What the hell? Elena, what's happened?"

Stefan's eyes widened as Elena said she was in the ambulance with John after finding him in the kitchen with his fingers chopped off. That something had been in the house.

Aella nodded when Elena said they were pulling up to the hospital, "Okay, we're in the waiting area. I'll warn Jenna about the house. See you soon." As she hung up, she looked up to Stefan, "What the hell is happening today? Do you have any idea who could have done it?"

Stefan shook his head as Aella took her coffee back, and he joined their hands again, "Isobel?"

Aella's brow furrowed, "But how would she have been invited in?"

"John?" Stefan suggested, "He and Jenna technically share ownership of the house; yourself, Jeremy, and Elena are technically shown as tenants."

Aella pursed her lips in thought but said nothing, would Isobel really return after what had happened previously?

The two returned to the waiting area and gave Matt his coffee, Aella was about to take a seat when Damon approached them, and he didn't look too pleased. Aella frowned at him, "You heard about John too?"

Damon frowned, "John?" He shook his head and guided her to sit down, which caused her, Stefan and Matt, to look at the elder Salvatore funny. Aella then saw the sadness in his eyes, and tears began to form in hers as the worst came to mind, "Please don't tell me..."

"No," Damon softly shook his head. Stefan frowned, it was strange to see Damon soft, but he knew that Liz and Aella had gently melted Damon's, ice-cold heart. "The doctor just updated Liz, and she was a bit upset to tell you herself..."

"But she's not dead," Aella demanded him to tell her. "You promise me."

"I promise," Damon nodded. "But her heart stopped for a few minutes. They were able to bring her back, and she's stable for now..."

Aella's face paled as Matt's head fell into his hands, "No."

Aella's hand shakily raised to her mouth as she held back from sobbing.

"Aella!"

Aella's head turned when she saw Elena racing towards them, her blue shirt covered in patches of dried blood. When she saw Aella's face she stopped in a panic and Stefan was quick to stand and tell her what had happened.

Aella stood up shakily as she took in Matt crying into his hands, she looked to Elena. The latter was now crying after Stefan's update. Aella wasted no time running over to her best friend and holding her close as the two sobbed into each other's shoulders.

Matt stood up, "I need some air."

He walked past the group as he wiped his face roughly.

Moments later, Elena pulled away from Aella, "Is there something that you can do? Like a spell or something?"