Chapter 63 - Is-is she breathing?

SHEILA BENNETT'S HOUSEHOLD

Stefan frowned as he pulled up to Sheila's house and saw Bonnie's car in the driveway.

By chance, Bonnie got out of her car the same time he got out of Aella's and saw Bonnie frowning in his direction, "Why are you here?"

"I'm picking up Aella for the Winter Wonderland," Stefan told her as he met her at her car. "You?"

Bonnie grumbled as they made their way up to the house, "I'm on Grams duty, I knew Aella was going somewhere, but I didn't know where." As they both reached the door, they could hear shouting coming from inside the house, two very familiar voices. Bonnie looked to Stefan, frowning, "Maybe switching was a good idea after all."

Stefan nodded, and Bonnie opened the door, and the shouting between Aella and Sheila grew proportionately.

"You can't do that, Grams!" Aella shouted with gusto from upstairs.

"I can't do what I want, it's mine!" Sheila responded back just as heatedly.

Bonnie and Stefan shared a look as Aella came out at the top of the stairs, "What if you get robbed? That's all your life savings gone! What are you saving it for, heaven? Cos you ain't goin'!"

Bonnie snorted and saw Stefan trying not to laugh, "This is the only time I'm sure Aella has a little black in her."

"That money is for my old age!" Sheila explained, and Aella laughed off her excuse.

"'Old Age'? You don't leave fingerprints anymore!"

Sheila didn't take that lightly, "Aella Grace Bennett! I am not old, I'm in my twilight years!"

Aella laughed sarcastically now, "Twilight Years?" She pushed her head into Sheila's bedroom, "You're in the Twilight Zone! Along with your imaginary banking system!" Aella sprinted to the stairs as four pillows flew from Sheila's bedroom into the hallway. It was only after stomping down the first few stairs that Aella noticed Stefan and Bonnie standing there, "Oh thank the Lord! I gotta get out of here!"

"Good night, then?" Bonnie smirked at her cousin.

Aella hastily pulled on her black padded coat, "I can't stand another minute with that Looney Tune!"

"Jealousy is a very ugly thing, Aella," Sheila shouted from upstairs. "And so are you in anything backless."

Bonnie actually snorted out loud when Aella moved to go after her grandmother. Stefan took hold of her instead, trying his best to ignore the threats coming from his girlfriend's mouth towards her grandmother, who was laughing upstairs.

Waving to Stefan as he threw Aella under his arm easily, even though her body was moving like a snake as she hissed insults towards the house still. She waved at the couple, "Have a nice time."

"Bonnie? Is that you?" Sheila sounded utterly normal, and Bonnie rolled her eyes; she and Aella were such drama queens.

"It's me, Grams," Bonnie replied.

"Oh good," Sheila responded cheerfully. "Aella said you were upset to have missed our Doris Day marathon last week, she set up the DVD player so we can watch them all tonight!"

Bonnie took her coat off as she grumbled, "Touche, Aella. Touche."

WINTER WONDERLAND

The town was gathered around the Christmas tree. At the same time, Liz addressed them, per tradition, as Elena and Aella stood together, waiting for Stefan to return with his and Aella's hot drinks.

"Now that's what I call a Christmas tree. Isn't that gorgeous?"

"Is she kidding, that thing is Fugly!" Aella frowned, ignoring the push from Elena as those around stared over their hot drinks at the teenager. Aella just shrugged at her best friend and in a lower tone said, "What? It is."