Chapter 43 - We're about to ask the devil for help

MYSTIC FALLS WOODS

Aella and Stefan ran through the woods at a steady pace, as soon as she had awoken and shouted her cousins name she had her sneakers on and Stefan was quick to follow. She had no clue where she was running but knew her magic was leading her to her cousin. Stefan followed closely until her realised he knew the part of the woods very well.

"We're near Fell's Church," Stefan told her and Aella felt this was where Bonnie was.

"Bonnie!" She shouted. "Bonnie, it's me!"

"Bonnie!" Stefan shouted, his eyes and ears able to focus further than Aella could.

Bonnie had awoken in the woods only minutes ago and after the calm confusion had made its way out of her body, panic now entered in its place. She shakily rose to her bare feet and spun round to see where she was, only to realise she wasn't in any part of the woods, she was at Fell's Church, the church she had been dreaming about since she put on her ancestors necklace.

Tears gathered in her eyes, how in the hell had she gotten here.

"Bonnie!"

Bonnie frowned when she thought she imagined her cousins voice, but when the second call came from the voice she identified as Stefan she knew she hadn't imagined her cousins voice and shouted back, "I'm here... I'm here!"

Aella didn't even have to ask Stefan to go ahead with his speed as she felt his form leave her, she followed her cousins calls until she saw Stefan's form pull Bonnie's into his, comforting her until her cousin could. Aella, somehow, sped up her running until she reached her cousin and pulled her from Stefan and held her tight, as Bonnie arms encircled her body and held her just as tight back as she gathered herself.

"Are you okay?" Aella asked, her short frame on able to reach Bonnie's shoulder, but Bonnie was still able to lean into her cousins frame and nod into her neck. Aella sighed in relief to herself, but couldn't help herself when she felt like crying and used her humour to hide the emotions, "Well that was over-elm-ing."

Bonnie pulled away from her cousin, eyebrow raised, ash Stefan only hung his head in shame at his girlfriends words, "Did you just use a tree pun while you comforted me?"

"I did," Aella nodded someley. "I thought it was oak-kay."

Stefan had to snort as she continued and Bonnie couldn't help but smile as her cousins humour allowed her to feel an emotion, other than scared, that morning, "Have you finished?"

But Aella was not finished, "I just can't be-leaf you decided to have an adventure without me!"

Bonnie rolled her eyes and turned away from the brunette to Stefan who was laughing slightly, Bonnie pointed to him sternly, "Don't encourage her."

Stefan chuckled at her sternness, but could hear the laughter in her voice as she scolded him, "Oh c'mon Bonnie, It's just the tree of us."

"Ha!" Aella spat out, when her boyfriend joined the fun and Bonnie had to laugh, the situation was just too strange not to, she turned back to Aella and pointed at her this time, "You've corrupted him too?"

Aella pulled Bonnie into her side, "I have, and he loves it." She glanced to Stefan, "Right, babe?"

Stefan nodded and checked the time, "I do, I also love you to be on time for school again."

Aella grimaced and leant down to her cousins ear, "That's the responsible Stefan I'm slowly defeating, but as you can see, there is still a little work."

"I heard that!" Stefan yelled back as he started making his way back to his home.

The girls started following, Bonnie smiling again at their cuteness, then she remembered what had happened and looked to her cousin, "How did I get here, A?"