Chapter 46 - Zoinks!

It was when the Party Pizzas and Tots were cooked that the elephant in the room was brought up after Caroline had gasped at the bags under Bonnie's eyes when she helped her remove the face mask, so while they shared Pizza's and dipped Tots in ketchup Bonnie thoroughly explained what had happened the past week until this morning.

"...and then, I ended up at the remains of the old Fell's church before I woke up back in the woods."

Elena's eyes were wide as she took hold of Bonnie's hand, "Oh my god, Bonnie! Why didn't you tell any of us you were going through this."

Bonnie shrugged, guilt was written all over her face, "I thought I could deal with it... until today. Luckily Aella had a vision and found me in the woods with Stefan."

"Yeah, luckily," Elena nodded, "But what if Aella doesn't have a vision next time? Is that why you threw the necklace away."

Aella nearly choked on her Tot, Caroline quick to pat her back, "You did what? That was Emily's! It's an heirloom, haunted or not!"

"Well, I would have done the same," Caroline shrugged once Aella's coughing had stopped. "That was an ugly-ass necklace."

Aella glared pointedly at her best friend, "Not the point, Caroline!" She then turned to Bonnie, confused, "But wait... if you threw it away, how the hell is it around your neck?"

"I have no idea," Bonnie sighed heavily. "But when I opened my purse, it was there, and I felt like I had to put it back on."

Elena, quick to back her best friend, nodded, "She's telling the truth, I saw her throw it."

"Well, that's one relief," Aella calmed but eyes wide. "Can you imagine Grams when you told her you threw the only thing of Emily's we have except her grimoire?"

Bonnie scowled at Aella, "Yeah, well, Grams isn't the one being haunted by a hundred and fifty-year-old ghost, is she?"

Caroline sensing the mood changing put forward her own thoughtless idea that had Bonnie wondering if it would work, "Maybe you should contact Emily instead of waiting for her?"

"No," Aella pointed at Caroline then to Bonnie. "No. I know that look, Bonnie... as crazy as I am even I know how bad it is to contact the dead without proper guidance." Aella's phone rang, and when she saw Stefan's image on the screen, she jumped off her seat to answer it, but not before pointing at Bonnie once more, "Do not think about doing this."

"Save me!"

Stefan's husky voice echoed into her ear, "I was about to say the same thing."

Aella snorted, leaning against the arm of the couch, "How can you need saving, traitor? How's Once Upon a Time? What episode are you up to?"

"You didn't think I'd really watch our show without you, would you?" Stefan smirked leaned against the school bleachers outside. "I actually tried watching IT Crowd since you love it so much..."

Aella laughed into her phone and then adopted Chris O'Dowd's accent, "'People... What a bunch of bastards'... classic!"

Stefan laughed at her impressive Irish impression, "It's pretty good, I can see why you like it. So it sounds like things aren't going too well on your end."

"That's the statement of the century," Aella snorted and quickly gave Stefan the cliff notes of Bonnie's reveal/confession.

Stefan raised his brow once Aella had finished, looking around the field for his brother, "Well that explains Damon's sudden need to bond once I told him all you girls were having a sleepover, and he didn't have a smarmy comment to add to it."