Chapter 80 - Miss Caroline Forbes, escorted by Mis...

FOUNDERS HALL

Mayor Lockwood smiled at the crowd, "Miss Tina Fell, escorted by Bartholomew Whitmore."

Tina gracefully walked down the stairs as Carol smiled over at Amber, "Amber, you're next."

Amber nodded and took a deep breath, she hated crowds.

Caroline and Elena stood together, nervous about going down, "Was this right?" Elena turned to the blonde. "Asking Damon?"

Caroline smiled softly, "I can't tell you the answer to that, E. I have a history with Damon, and it's not the nicest history."

Elena took hold of Caroline's hands, "I totally spaced. I'm such a bad friend, I should have asked you before even making the decision. I'm so sorry, Caroline."

"Elena," Caroline rolled her eyes and squeezed back. "Anyone with eyes can see that there is something between you and Damon. Is he the best person at the minute? No. But is he becoming a better person? Yes... just slowly."

Elena looked down at herself, "What am I doing? I never should have gone through with this."

Caroline's eyes widened, "What do you mean?"

Elena shook her head, "I need to find Damon, this isn't me, I'm not this person anymore."

"No, no, no way, no!" Caroline exclaimed, stopping the brunette from messing anything up. "You had your chance to drop out, and believe me, I was all for it because there is no way that I could beat you. Elena, you're doing this because it was important to your mom."

"Miss Amber Bradley and her escort Jeffrey Lockwood Hamilton."

Carol smiled widely as Amber descended and looked to Caroline, "Caroline, you're next."

Caroline nodded and looked to Elena, "You're sticking with this, and we're going to compete our asses off, you hear me?"

Elena smiled softly at her best friend, "I hear you."

.................................................
.................................................

Stefan reached where Jenna and Alaric stood, as the other contestants waited for the final girls to emerge. When he realized it was just the two of them, he frowned, "Where's Jeremy and John?"

Jenna, who was as confused as him, just shrugged, "Where's Aella?"

Stefan tried to hide his smirk, glancing over at the entranceway, "There was an issue she had to deal with."

Jenna shared a look with Alaric, she wasn't too sure if she should have been worried at the poorly concealed smirk on his face.

.................................................
.................................................

Caroline heard the Mayor clear his throat and knew she was next, "Miss Elena Gilbert, escorted by Mister Damon Salvatore."

The three women looked between each other in confusion, Carol quickly laughed it off, "Must have had his cards mixed, let's go, Elena."

Elena nodded with a frown, letting go of Caroline's hands and slowly started down the stairs, her hand gliding over the polished wooden banister for support. As her eyes met a waiting Damon, she smiled softly. He held out his hand, and as his met hers, she was thankful to Caroline for making her carry on.

.................................................
.................................................

Jenna frowned, "Caroline was supposed to be next, not Elena."