Chapter 72 - Yeah, what Miss Yakity Yak said!

GILBERT HOUSEHOLD

Anna stared out of the window, watching the storm; Heavy rain, sheets of water falling from the darkened midnight skies, lengthy, and ferocious, sultry, and unyielding.

"When shall we three meet again?
In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
When the hurly-burly's done,
When the battle's lost and won.
That will be ere the set of sun."

Jeremy glanced up from his sketching, confused, "What?"

"It's Shakespeare: Macbeth," Anna confessed, eyes not leaving the storm. "It suddenly came to me as I watched the storm."

Jeremy wasn't the biggest fan of Shakespeare, who his age was? He had no clue what Anna had just said and leaned forward, "What does it mean?"

Anna tore her eyes away from the raging tempest, "It's the three witches, as they describe Macbeth; as someone with female features yet having the beard and wearing rugged attire. The thunder, lightning, and rain symbolize terror and darkness. Macbeth is a weak character, his brain infected with ambition and revenge. It's what becomes his downfall."

Jeremy was even more confused, how had she looked out of the window and all that come to mind? He opened his mouth to question Anna when a knock echoed around his room, and his door opened, Elena's head popped around the cracked door.

"Hey, Jere-" Elena's eyes widened when they focused, not on her brother, but the vampire who had kidnapped her only weeks ago. "What is she doing here?"

Anna smiled sadly at the Gilbert siblings, "I better go."

"No, Anna," Jeremy stopped her and turned to Elena. "Look, I know what happened was messed up, but we talked, and she apologized, and we decided to be friends - real friends."

Elena's eyebrows seemed to be sucked into her hairline as the rose at each word, "She kidnapped Bonnie, Aella and me!"

"Wouldn't you do anything to get mom and dad back?" Jeremy questioned her. When Elena failed to answer, he continued, "She discovered she could do that, did she do it the right way? No... but it happened, and she apologized to me... and I forgave her."

"I... I really am sorry," Anna spoke, stepping closer to Elena. "All I could see was my mother suffering just for being different. If I knew how good you all were and what Jeremy said, you probably would have helped; I know I would have gone about this a whole different way. I'm truly sorry."

Elena didn't budge, "And what about the vampires you and your mother are hiding at the farmhouse?"

Anna looked to her in shock as Jeremy brows furrowed, "How do you...?"

"One of them called me Katherine tonight," Elena crossed her arms in anger. "And then he and his girlfriend decided to attack Stefan and Damon."

Jeremy stepped forward in shock, Aella was with them, "Aella?"

"She's okay," Elena smiled gently at him. "She was able to frighten him off, but Stefan killed the girlfriend."

Anna's brows puckered as she stared at the floor, "Frederick and Bethanne."

Jeremy turned on Anna, "Why would they attack?"