Chapter 66 - I've been called worse things by better people.

TRUDIE'S HOUSEHOLD

"Ah. They came to the games for us. The football team hadn't won in years. We were the stars. Well, Izzie was, but I was a damn good backup."

Trudie had brought the old high school yearbooks out, Aella being Aella couldn't sit still knowing Trudie was lying and asked if she could wander around. Trudie had just nodded to her and then reminded her not to forget her tea, but Aella did and looked at the books Trudie had on her bookshelf.

"Hmmm," Aella's brows raised in surprise as her hands trailed 6 booked stacked together. "Kurt Vonnegut, interesting. Little Miss Cheerleader actually has a brain."

She picked up her tea to drink it when she felt how cold the cup was and realized she'd completely forgotten to drink it. She tiptoed into the kitchen to secretly pour it away when she saw a phone on the counter next to a small jar of familiar-looking herbs.

With a glance over her shoulder to make sure Trudie was still reflecting on the good times, Aella opened the jar only to be hit with the smell of vervain. Her eyes trailed to the phone, wondering why it would be next to the vervain. Aella ignored all knowledge of personal space and opened up the messages, frowning when she saw it was a number rather than a contact. She grew even more suspicious when the text read 'She's Here.'

'Unsure' had just hit 'very very uncomfortable,' especially when Aella took a sip of the cold tea and could only taste vervain. With a scowl, she picked up the herb jar and marched into the dining room.

Elena was just about to drink her long-forgotten tea when Aella slammed the jar on the table, "Why the hell did you put vervain in our drinks?"

Jenna jumped out of her chair and glanced at Trudie, "You what?"

Trudie didn't say anything and just looked at the jar with fear in her eyes.

Elena didn't know what to do. She looked to Trudie, hoping Aella was wrong, but she knew deep down her best friend wasn't, "Trudie?"

Aella glared down at the blonde, ignoring Caroline as she tried to pull her best friend from the tense situation, "First you didn't invite us in, and now you're serving vervain tea, and texting someone that 'she's here.'"

"What?!" Jenna let out an exclaim of surprise at Aella's text revelation.

Aella's hand banged on the table as she leaned closer to Trudie, causing the blonde to jump at the noise, "What do you know? Is Elena in danger?"

Trudie finally looked up, but not at Aella, but to Elena, "I think that you should probably leave."

Elena seemed to get her voice back, "Wait. What are you not telling us? We can help you."

Trudie stood up and ushered them out, Aella wondered if she should use her magic to stop Trudie and scare the hell out of her, but she knew Elena and Jenna wouldn't like that. Elena tried to call out to Trudie once more as they reached the door, but Trudie only screamed, "Please leave. Now!"

Aella's foot stuck in the door before Trudie could shut it, she looked Trudie in the eye, "I can help you."

Trudie tearfully shook her head, "You can't save me from her."

Aella's eyes widened, "Isobel? Do you mean Isobel? Is Elena in danger?"

Trudie shook her head, she kicked Aella's foot from the door, "I'm sorry."

Trudie slammed the door with a bang, and Aella followed the three women to the car, but as she reached it, Aella felt someone watching them and turned to see a man walking very slowly down the street. When his eyes met Aella's, she knew he was the person Trudie had texted. She needed Elena out of there now.