Chapter 21 - Um, down chachi, who are you?

NEXT DAY

GILBERT HOUSE

On the day of the party, a mini spa was created for the four best friends, who had made their own beauty salon in the Gilbert household. Pedicures, manicures, facials, and hairstyling areas were all set up within the front room.

The party would be starting late afternoon and would be going on late into the night, especially as it would be the 150th anniversary of Mystic Falls' founders.

"What did I say about beauty sleep Elena?" Caroline tutted as she started covering up the dark ring under Elena's eyes.

"Sorry, bad dream," Elena shrugged, trying to forget that awful dream she had.

"What was it about?" Bonnie asked her as she blew on the nude nails Aella had just finished painting.

"It was really freaky," Elena sighed, wanting to shake her head but unable to from the vice grip of her blonde best friend.

Aella put the nude OPI polish away and smirked, "Okay... now you have to tell us what it was about? The infinite possibilities are flying through my mind right now."

Elena took a deep breath, her eyes closed from Caroline putting shadow on them, "I'm in bed and hear a noise, so go and investigate-"

"-As you do," Aella chimed in from where she laid with Bonnie on the couch.

"And this news segment is on with Logan," Elena continued as if Aella hadn't said a word.

"He's reporting my death, that I've been attacked by a wild animal and drained of my blood."

Aella sat up at this as Caroline's fingers stopped blending in the brown eyes shade, her eyes meeting Aella's. Bonnie missed the look of caution passed between the two best friends as she continued to blow her nails dry.

"Then a voice says, 'You know what's coming next,' and he bites me."

"He bites you?" Bonnie turned back into the conversation, eyes wide open, once more missing the looks of shock passing between Caroline and Aella.

Elena opened her eyes, noticing Caroline had stopped, nodding at Bonnie, "And even weirder, if that's possible, it sounded like Damon."

"Stefan's brother?" Bonnie questioned.

"Yeah," Elena nodded, closing her eyes once more as a paler Caroline started on her eyes again. "I don't trust him."

"Too right," Aella agreed, jumping off the couch, desiring to get this conversation moved on.

"What color dress are you thinking about, C?" Knowing what Elena and Bonnie had chosen.

Caroline gasped out loud, and Aella knew she had moved onto the right topic, "I found the most beautiful yellow dress that I thought would stand out so well."

"Because no one looks better than Caroline Forbes," Bonnie teased wink at a grinning Aella.

"Duh!" Caroline sighed, thinking that was a factual statement. "It has these white and blue flowers and leaves, it's to die for!"

"Well, that's Caroline's nail choice," Bonnie motioned towards the two varnishes the girls had deemed perfect for the festivities. "Delicate flower for C. I, of course, chose Naughty vixen, what about you two?"

"Tough call," Elena frowned as Caroline finished with her makeup. "Can we mix them?"

"I'm not sure," Aella glanced between the two, looking at them both. "Delicate Vixen sounds a bit weird."

"And 'Uh-oh Roll Down the Window' isn't?" Elena hit back, picking up the black bottle in her hands. "Isn't that your favorite color?"

Ring Ring