Chapter 60 - How about 'We Will Rock You'?

MYSTIC FALLS WOODS

Sheila turned to Bonnie to start the spell when she felt something calling to her, and instead of taking hold of her granddaughter's hands, she turned to Stefan, "I think you're needed outside."

Bonnie and Elena looked at each other confused, while Damon growled, "If this is another trick, Sheila..."

Yet Sheila simply held up her hand to him, "Just a few extra minutes Damon." She looked to Stefan again, "You'll know."

Stefan knew better than to question a Bennett when she had a 'feeling.' His girlfriends 'feelings' had saved him and other people countless times already.

As he exited the tomb and walked over the gas canisters, his heart ached at the thought of Aella. He knew she would want him to look after her family first then leave them vulnerable, but he couldn't help but feel he was betraying the vow he made to himself that she would always be his number one priority.

"Dark down there?"

Stefan straightened up at the familiar voice, and when he looked up, Ben was smirking down at him, "Thought I told you to leave."

Ben shrugged and stepped closer to Stefan, "I considered it. Then I thought, screw you."

"Not tonight, darling. I have a headache."

Stefan's eyes widened at his girlfriend's voice as she ran into the clearing, Ben was only able to turn his head in shock before Aella's hand swished through the air, and Ben's body flew away from Stefan piercing itself on one the large Oak trees surrounding them.

But that didn't kill Ben, Aella had made sure his heart had been clear of the branch as she kebab-ed him on the tree branch. She marched forward as Ben groaned out loud, he'd never been in this kind of pain before, even when Stefan had opened the motel curtain. Every move he made caused a new type of pain.

"Hope you're feeling comfortable, Ben..." Aella smirked. "Just how you made me." She turned her wrist, and Ben's body shifted, causing him a new kind of agony, "At least it's not shitty sleeping tablets shoved down your throat without water afterward. I mean... have you heard of Nyquil?!"

Stefan now knew why Sheila had sent him up, but also knew, as good as it was to see her giving Ben what he deserved, he knew time was of the essence, "I think he knows now."

Aella eyes met his, and she ran to him and jumped into his arms, squeezing him tightly as her legs wrapped around his waist. Stefan kissed her lips before mumbling against them, "I'm sorry I couldn't save you."

Aella stroke his face and kissed his lips once more, "I was never a damsel in distress anyway."

Stefan nodded and lowered her down, "I know."

Aella's eyes glanced to Ben as he let out another groan when her eyes turned back to Stefan she raised a brow, "Think you can deal with him, I'm needed elsewhere."

Stefan's eyes shifted to the gasoline before looking back to Aella's, "Don't you worry about him."

With a final peck, Aella ran to the tomb, her ears picking up the sounds of the spell coming from her Grandmother and cousin.

"Phasmatos Salves..."

THE TOMB

Sheila knew she couldn't delay anymore and nodded for Bonnie to join her in the center of the circle; her hands shook as they met Bonnie's, causing her to raise a brow, "Are you okay?"

Sheila shook her head and lied, "Just nerves of excitement. I have done a spell like this in a while."

Bonnie seemed to accept the lie, and the two closed their eyes, "Phasmatos Salves..."