Chapter 29 - She's concussed!

GILBERT HOUSEHOLD

After Stefan and Aella had retrieved Damon's ring from the ruins of the old Salvatore Estate, Aella had made it her mission to find a spell for Damon to stop him from hurting any more people until they could once again start the process of desiccation.

Aella had seen an imprisoning spell in her Grams grimoire once when she was younger and had written it down because it sounded cool, she just had to find it. Eventually, she saw the spell and read out the description to Stefan, "A powerful enchantment that can be placed on a building. The spell imprisons anyone inside of the building, by locking all of the exits permanently, therefore, once someone enters the cursed building, they can no longer leave."

"That's the one we need," Stefan nodded from his corner nook. "Is it hard or dangerous for you?"

"Wellllll....." Aella dragged out, and Stefan leaned forward, seriousness on his face, "Aella, is it hard or dangerous for you?"

Aella nodded, "It's in the section I put Grams' spells that 'I must not do without her or another coven member until I'm of age.'"

"Well we're not doing it," Stefan declared, and went back to looking through the very many old books regarding witchcraft Aella had built over the years.

"Hey!" Aella exclaimed and waved her hand, so the book flew out from Stefan's hands into her own and closed it with a loud 'snap'. "I can do this."

"No we're not," Stefan leaned back in his chair, his mind made up. "I'm not hurting you just to stop my brother."

"Grams told me that when I was 13!" Aella frowned, wanting to shout at her boyfriend but couldn't due to the time. "I can do this if you're there to support me, I know I can do this."

Stefan thought he words over, and Aella realized she may just be able to convince him, and walked closer to him, "If we lock Damon up in your house he'll eventually run out of blood, and desiccate. This is the only choice, Stefan."

Stefan closed his eyes and sighed in frustration, this was the only way they had found so far, "You only do it if I'm with you," Stefan finally agreed, and it took everything within Aella not to scream and jump with happiness, as she nodded to his demand. "And if you feel at all lightheaded or overpowered, anything; you stop."

Aella nodded again, a smile growing, "I promise."

Stefan nodded and held out his hand for his grimoire, "Let's go over this together."

Aella grinned at him then picked up her grimoire and placed herself in Stefan's lap, the two making themselves comfortable before Aella looked back up to Stefan," I did make some changes to it."

Stefan raised his brow, "Changes? What kind of changes?"

Aella smirked and showed him the spell she had written down, "Originally it was just an Imprisoning Spell, but at 13 and having just lost my parents I was a little dramatic and decided that if someone needed an Imprisoning Spell, he or she must have done something bad. Sooooooo, I made it that when they try to leave the house they, not only get bounced back, they also have pain in their entire bodies until they are away from the boundary line."

Stefan had to admit it, his girlfriend was quite frightening. He looked at the spell then looked back to her, "What did your grandmother say?"

"Oh she thought it was awesome," Aella cackled as she stroked the spell. "But that was also the time she told me to never use it without her. Grams said I'm a natural spell writer; apparently, my mom's side of the family was known for that."

She and Stefan went over the spell for the rest of the night before Stefan pulled her to the bed and forced her to sleep for a few hours until first light.