Chapter 36 - You met Bon Jovi without me!

SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE

It was an hour later, when Stefan delivered Aella a cup of coffee, that he was able to talk to his girlfriend, and best friend. The two had been non-stop talking, and giggling which startled Stefan; If there were two things Aella, and Lexi didn't do much of it was gossiping and giggling.

Aella was laid on his bed laughing hysterically while Lexi explained when Lee, her sire/partner, realized just how old Lexi was. Stefan got on the bed and instantly Aella moved so she was laid against his chest, smiling gratefully through her giggles for the coffee, as Lexi continued on, "-he continued asking questions, and then he asked about the American Revolution, and I casually just mention there was this gentleman that I loved riding horses with at his Mount Vernon estate."

"No!" Aella laughed loudly almost spilling her coffee.

"Yes!" Lexi confirmed, nodding her head vigorously as she laughed along with her new friend.

Stefan smiled at the laughter, Lexi had told him this story a few years after it happened, and it still made her laugh hysterically.

"What did Lee say?" Aella asked once her giggles had subsided and she could drink her coffee again.

Lexi was quiet as she composed herself, but Stefan could see the glint in her eyes, "' YOU KNEW GEORGE FUCKING WASHINGTON!'"

This time Aella really did spit out the small amount of coffee in her mouth, as Lexi's voice deepened as she mimicked Lee, "Oh my god!"

"I know!" Lexi wheezed from her bent position due to laughing so much.

When Lexi was able to calm down, she wandered over to her suitcase pulling out a small red bag, as Aella wiped herself, the bed, and a little of Stefan while he just looked on amused, so amused Aella gave him a small whack to the arm that he laughed off. It wasn't until he heard plastic tear, and the metallic smell of blood in the air did his eyes leave Aella, and focus on Lexi who was casually drinking from a blood bag.

Lexi saw his eyes narrow and held out the bag to him, "Want some?"

Aella felt Stefan's whole demeanor change when he smelt that blood, and Aella didn't like it one bit. This was the Stefan she had met two months ago, not the Stefan she had just been relaxing with. Aella knew of Stefan's struggles with blood, but she'd never seen it in person, but she knew Lexi had. Many times.

"No," Stefan politely shook his head and sat up straight on the bed, but still his body never left Aella's, it was like she was comfort blanket between him and the blood. "Thank you."

It was almost Lexi could feel Stefan's judgment, "Relax I didn't kill anyone for it. This phlebotomist I went out with a few times, he's my supplier."

Both Aella and Stefan rose their eyebrows, just for different reasons, but Lexi only saw Stefan's, "Oh don't judge, okay? Listen I tried the animal diet; lasted three weeks."

Lexi finished the bag, and Stefan felt he could finally metaphorically breathe again, unaware that he hadn't taken in another breath since he smelled the blood the first time, but Aella did. She had always found comfort that when she leaned against Stefan their breath was always in sync, even if Stefan didn't really need to, so she knew right away that he had stopped breathing, even if he knew it or not.

Stefan pulled away from Aella, and started messing about his room as he waved away Lexi's excuse, "It doesn't matter. Cause if I started again...I just don't know if..."

Aella's eyes watered as she heard the desperation in her boyfriend's tone when he didn't finish his sentence, and when Lexi finished for him she could always see the disappointment radiating off him. As for Aella, this conversation only created more unanswered questions she knew Stefan wouldn't be able to share at the moment, but as she watched Lexi comfort Stefan with her kind words, she knew Lexi would be able to explain some things.