Chapter 52 - OMG! I sound like Grams when she's about to tell me off!

GILBERT HOUSEHOLD

The next few days were full of Elena's understanding that the supernatural world was real, and not only was she a doppelganger, but also that she was adopted. Elena had taken the news well, with her loved ones surrounding her. Though she had admitted to Aella that night when they were laid in Aella's bed, Elena didn't want to be alone, that she had wished her parents were the ones to tell her. Still, she was happy that she had been told. Aella had turned to face Elena, and emphasized what Jenna had told all her 'kids' that night; no more secrets. Elena just nodded as she turned to go to sleep, and Aella hoped that Elena would too be honest with them about her feelings.

"So...?" Jeremy questioned brows raised as he nodded with his head to Elena, who was pouring drinks.

"So... what, Jer?" Aella looked to him, confused, as she set out the plates.

"Soooo, how is she?" Jeremy asked, laying out napkins.

Aella rolled her eyes, sick of people asking her how other people were feeling, "Soooo, ask her yourself!"

Jeremy threw his final napkin at Aella, "You're not helping!"

Aella was quick to throw back the cloth, smirking as it hit Jeremy in the face, "And you are not sticking to the plan, we act normal, ask her yourself!"

"What if she freaks?" Jeremy whined, throwing back the napkin and snarling when it hit the table and not Aella.

"Of course, she might freak!" Aella snarled back, picking up the napkin and rolling it into a tight ball, "Some bitch is locked away in a cave full of vampires wearing her face, plus she gotta wonder if crazy runs in the family since Katherine is a psycho!"

Aella reached back to throw it back at Jeremy when his eyes went wide, and the napkin was taken out of Aella's hand, "She-" Elena smirked, setting the napkin down in its right spot. "-Is also in the kitchen with the both of you." She looked to her brother, "Just ask, Jer."

Jeremy sat down in his usual seat, "I just can't believe mom and dad never told you that you were adopted... told us you were adopted."

Elena smiled sadly and took the seat next to him, "I'm sure they would have eventually... I'm more worried about you right now."

Jeremy looked to Elena, and Aella confused, "Why?"

Aella snorted as she sat down, and when Elena gave her a look she held her hands up in surrender, Elena looked back to Jeremy, "Because... I don't know. It's weird. Going your whole life thinking you're related by blood to someone."

"Does it bug you that we're not?"

Elena shook her head, "No, Jer... you're my brother, that's all that matters."

Aella smiled at the two. She made her way out of the kitchen to wash up before food arrived, missing Elena's talk with Jeremy, "So Mr. Saltzman pulled me aside really happy with your paper."

Jeremy gulped, his eyes glancing to where Aella had just left, she'd kill him if she knew what he based his paper on. A paper that had that Mr. Saltzman's eyes glued to it as soon as he'd passed it on, "Yeah, he said he was really excited to read it."

Elena's eyes lit up, "That's great, Jer. What did you base your paper on?"

Jeremy shifted uncomfortably and shrugged through his answer, "Just the Gilbert Journals... scribbles that make me wonder if all the Gilbert's were crazy!"

Elena shook off his words, "Gilberts aren't crazy."

"Easy for you to say," Jeremy smirked, showing Elena he was just playing around. "You're not one."