Chapter 87 - If you tell her this, I'll kill you

GILBERT HOUSEHOLD

"John?! How is that even possible?!"

Aella could only shrug as she looked to Elena and Jenna, shocked after what Aella had just told them. "It was Damon that realized it. At first, there was no proof, and until we knew for sure we kept it to ourselves. But, he dated Isobel when she was a teenager, and he was the one who brought her to your dad's office for the delivery..."

"And last night he confirmed it," Jenna added with a shake of her head. "I can't believe this..."

Elena looked to the floor, "My whole life I've never liked this man. I..."

"Did we do the right thing?" Aella frowned. This was a big piece of news. "We've all been thrown into this situation that we should know everything, even the parts we don't like."

Elena shook her head, looking at her best friend, "No, I'm happy that you told me, I just... What am I supposed to do? Do I just... confront him and say, "I know you're my biological father."

Jenna took her niece's hand, "We go forward the same way we've handled everything so far; together and when you are ready."

MYSTIC FALLS HIGH SCHOOL

Aella and Stefan walked hand in hand as everyone prepared for the parade. Aella had just explained Elena's reaction, and Stefan wasn't too surprised at it. "...and then she and Jenna hugged, we all hugged, Elena hugged me tighter. Jenna demanded I get out so she could finish getting Elena ready." She looked up to Stefan, "So look after her today? She might be a bit fragile."

"I will," Stefan promised.

"Look at you, all retro."

The couple turned to Damon as he smirked over Stefan's costume, "It somehow suits you."

"Ha ha," Stefan replied in a deadpan tone.

"What are you doing here?"

Damon held out his arms, looking around, "Why wouldn't I be here? Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention, Isobel is gone, and it's Founders' Day! I'm here to eat cotton candy and steal your girl..." He held out his arm to Aella, "You ready?"

Stefan looked at Aella offended as she took Damon's arm, and she let out a bell-like laugh, "What? I wasn't going to be Billy-No-Friends while you replaced Damon as Elena's partner."

"Elena's first choice wasn't eligible," Damon smirked. "I can understand your jealousy; I'm the better, hotter, superior choice. You're scared, now that Katherine is out of the picture, that I'm gonna turn all my attention to Pixie here."

Aella shook her head in amusement, "It's a good thing I know you're joking..." She nodded her head to Stefan, "Him too."

Stefan raised his brow at his brother, "What about Elena? Could she replace Katherine?"

Aella smirked, "Now we're getting somewhere."

Damon shook his head, "Elena is not Katherine."

Stefan nodded in agreement, "You're right. She's no-" Stefan's eyes went wide over Damon's shoulder, and Damon turned himself and Aella around.

Aella let out a loud snort as Elena stood in front of them, a spitting image to the picture Stefan had of Katherine. Pursing her lips, she looked between a shocked Damon and smiling Elena as she curtsied, "Awkwarddddd!"

.................................................

.................................................

Aella and Stefan were quick to leave a bumbling Damon and blushing Elena, and it didn't take too long for Aella's ears to hear her best friend's voice, "Oh wait! Hide your cast, it's not era-appropriate!"