Chapter 30 - We have a problem.

GILBERT HOUSEHOLD

It was Saturday morning, and Damon had been locked away for 4 days, there was also a town alert that Vicki Donovan had gone missing; unfortunately, Aella and Stefan had no clue that the two problems were together partying like it was 1992.

Matt had shrugged off Vicki going missing as if it was a regular occurrence because unfortunately, it was. He had been brought up with his mom doing it and had eventually got used to his sister doing it too. He honestly believed she had finished with the drugs after she was attacked in the forest, but once again, he was proven wrong.

It was Tyler, who had finally noticed Vicki missing on Friday, 4 days after she had last been seen by Jeremy when he alerted the police and Sheriff Forbes quickly made the town aware. What no one knew, other than the Town Council, was that Vicki's purse and ID had been found at the site where 3 other teens had been killed and burned; only the Council had this information, and they were hoping Vicki was on a drugs bend rather than lying in a ditch with puncture marks on her neck.

Aella and Stefan were woken by her alarm at 9am, both of them groaning at being woken awoken by her alarm on a Saturday. But it was not a typical Saturday... It was Halloween.

Aella's eyes flew open as she realized the day, jumping to her feet and out of Stefan's arms, as he groaned again - this time at being jostled as she stood, "It's Halloween!!!!" Aella giggled.

"All Hallows' Eve," Stefan nodded a sleepy smirk on his face at his girlfriend's glee. "Where all the Spirits on Earth become ever stronger, blurring the line between life and death."

"Also known as the most awesomest holiday ever" Aella fist pumped the air before kneeling back on the bed next to Stefan. "The girls and I are picking ours, and yours costume today."

Stefan covered his face with the pillow, "Do I have to?"

"Yes!" Aella practically scolded him, pulling the pillow off his face. "I promise, it's an awesome costume."

"Fine," Stefan playfully grumbled as Aella got up to choose her outfit for the day.

"What are you up to today," She asked from inside her closet.

Stefan wiped the sleep from his eyes and sat up, "Matt and Tyler invited Jeremy to play pool at The Grill, Jeremy asked if I could come, I think he's hesitant."

Aella stuck her head out of the closet, surprise on her face, "Matt and Tyler invited J? Matt I can understand but Tyler."

Stefan only shrugged, "He's not been so bad since Vicki's not been around. He and Jeremy get along now, and he's not trying to break my fingers in football training anymore."

"Are you sure you're okay to go with J?" Aella asked, back in her closet.

"He's a cool kid," Stefan smiled, even brighter when Aella stuck her head out of her closet again, her tone way to serious, "I know."

Stefan picked up his diary, opening it to the last page he wrote in, he loved these ordinary moments he shared with Aella, "So what are the costumes you've chosen."

Aella came out, dressed to shop, as she tutted almost insulted, "No spoilers!" She kissed his lips goodbye and ran out to brush her teeth before she picked up Elena and Bonnie from Bonnie's (they had a sleepover), then picking up Caroline and going to get their costumes.

Stefan laughed as she stumbled out, yelling 'I'm okay' to him before he started writing in his diary. He words more joyful and uplifting than ever before.

SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE

Damon compelled Vicki to think she had never tasted blood before so they could party like they had done her first night, it was a fun night, and he had repeated this every day so far, only now he was starting to get bored.