Chapter 56 - It's hard for you, isn't it? Not to be a douche.

SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE

When Aella woke up, Stefan was already awake, drawing aimless little circles along the skin at the base of her spine. She groaned lightly and stretched any part of her body that would allow her to so without pushing Stefan's hand off her back.

"Times it?" she asked, voice rough with sleep.

"Early."

"How are you?"

"I always feel good when you're here," he admitted softly. "You hungry?"

Her stomach growled at the question, and they both laughed softly, "I think that's a yes."

But the two didn't move, too peaceful just laying there as Stefan continued to run his hands along her sides and along the bottom of her spine. The touch was gentle at first, but the heat from his touch led her to squirm even closer against him.

Tilting her face up, she found he was already leaning towards her, and they connected in a searing kiss. Stefan was quick to squeeze at her waist then rolled her onto her back so he could hover over her. He pressed down against her, keeping his lips on hers as she opened her mouth to allow him easier access. He dipped down, running his tongue along her lower lip and nipped along the delicate skin of her jaw. Moaning softly, she tangled her fingers in his hair, tugging at his locks to keep him against her.

Aella giggled softly, but that quickly turned into another moan when his hand reached precisely where she wanted it to...

"Rise and shine, sleepyheads."

Stefan's hands quickly snapped back from Aella's waist and lifted the sheets to cover her as his girlfriend rolled her eyes, looking over to his brother, who now sat at the end of his bed.

Aella glared down at Damon, "If you and Katherine ever reunite, I am SO busting in your room with an airhorn!"

Damon smirked at the brunette, "Ooh, kinky!"

Stefan stared his brother down, "What are you doing?"

"Seeing parts that towel didn't cover up yesterday," Damon winked at Aella, who fell back onto the bed, groaning in disgust as Stefan gathered even more of the sheets over her.

"Seriously, get out of here!"

Damon just shrugged, "If I see something I haven't seen before, I'll throw a dollar at it. Now listen, we have some very important business to discuss."

Aella looked over the top of the bunched up sheets frowning at Stefan, "I don't know whether to be insulted or not?"

Damon stood up from the bed, "Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?"

Aella wanted Damon out of their room, and from the annoyed look on Stefan's face, she could see he wanted the same, so she smiled sarcastically at the Raven haired Salvatore, "Yes, you do, Damon. Now how can we help?"

Damon either chose to ignore the sarcasm or didn't notice it and instead started planning. "So, in order to open the tomb, we need to get the journal to get the grimoire to undo the spells. First things first-since the journal is at your house; you're on journal duty."

Stefan and Aella shared a look which Damon didn't notice. Aella had told Stefan of Jeremy giving it to Ric, and Stefan had promised they would retrieve it today. Instead of ruining the positive mood Damon was in, Stefan decided to see how important the journal was to Damon's plans. "How do we know that this journal will hold the location of the grimoire? We're really going to take the word of this vampire? He seemed like a bit of a dimwit."

"I agree!" Aella nodded, jumping on the distraction bandwagon. "What a good question, Stefan?"

Stefan nodded tightly at the overacting on Aella's part, and woodenly replied, "Thank you. So, Damon?"