Chapter 68 - ...Voldemort having a ménage à trois with Quirrel?

GILBERT HOUSEHOLD

"He what?!"

Aella rolled her eyes at Bonnie's exclamation, pouring her third cup of coffee that morning. She hadn't had the best night's sleep after watching her favorite teacher come back from the dead.

"Imagine being there," Aella grimaced as she took a sip of the liquid gold in her mug. "One minute he was just lying there and I'm mourning the fact that the only teacher who ever believed in me is dead, and then bam! He wakes up, saying his ring is this all-powerful resurrection stone."

Caroline gasped, "Like Voldemort."

Aella rolled her eyes, "What?! No, C, that's ridiculous!" Elena nodded in agreement until Aella continued. "Nicolas Flamel created and used the resurrection stone, Voldemort just wanted to take advantage of its properties that would make him immortal."

Caroline frowned, "I thought that was Professor Quirrel?"

It was Bonnie's turn to roll her eyes, "No. Professor Quirrel was just a patsy for Voldemort, he only needed the stone to get Voldemort from out of his head."

Elena couldn't believe her ears as they compared Harry Potter to their situation and how serious they were all being. Aella she could imagine, but Caroline and Bonnie too?

"God!" Aella shivered as a thought came to her. "Could you imagine if Quirrel met a witch he wanted to get frisky with, and he's got Voldemort riding along for the journey."

Caroline and Bonnie's noses pucked at the thought until Elena clapped between the three girls, "Hello! How did we get from Ric being dead then alive to Voldemort having a ménage à trois with Quirrel?"

The three girls looked to the floor and mumbled out their own sorries, as Elena ran her hands through her hair, "It'd just be nice if we could get through one day without having to deal with any of it. No vampire mother or crazy brothers."

It was awkward as the three girls looked between themselves. This was why they had hesitated to tell Elena about the supernatural world; she had only been in it for a few weeks and was already needing a break.

Bonnie seemed the brave one to speak up next, "Speaking of crazy brothers. Damon actually killed Mr. Saltzman, even if he didn't die, Damon's main focus was killing a defenseless man."

Aella remembered the stake that Damon had used to kill Ric; she knew that Stefan and Damon didn't have stakes lying around the house. Ric had gone to the Boarding House with one intention, to kill Damon, but he had underestimated the emotional vampire.

Elena turned to Bonnie, "Do you think he's still trying to find Katherine?"

Caroline scoffed, "You mean the chick that happily abandoned him for 145 years? I'm gonna say that's a negative."

Bonnie shrugged, "Well, Katherine or no Katherine, what happened to Mr. Saltzman shows that Damon is a livewire, and everyone needs to be careful around him."

Aella drank the remaining liquid in her coffee, "Couldn't agree more, cuz." She shouted up to Jeremy that they were going to be late before turning to Caroline with a sly smirk on her face, "So how's Gemma Tellar Morrow?"

Caroline gathered up her stuff as Bonnie smirked at the Sons of Anarchy reference as Elena silently questioned Aella with a brow raised. When Caroline answered, she emphasized on the correct name to whom Aella was referencing, "Matt's Mom, didn't say much after the incident."

Elena's elbow met Aella ribs as the smirk grew on the brunette's face at Caroline's answer, "What did you do?"

The witch only shrugged, as she rinsed out her mug and placed it in the dishwasher, "What any good friend would do."