Chapter 22 - You're basically the Morgan Spurlock of vampires!

LOCKWOOD MANOR

Damon left the bar, scotch in hand as he wandered back into the Lockwood house looking to start some trouble.

"Caroline, you have to keep an eye on my neck; my vervain necklace fell off in the bathroom."

Damon smirked at the familiar voice, stopping in his tracks, and there was the trouble he was looking for. Standing at the side of the doorway, between the two rooms they all were in, Damon used his supernatural hearing to his advantage.

"How did it fall off?" Caroline asked, and Damon could hear both their heart rates increase at the thought Aella could be vulnerable.

Or so he thought.

"I just was fixing some hair that had tangled in it, and it just fell," Aella explained sadness in her voice. "The clasp is loose, and I don't have any pliers on me to fix it."

"Yeah, because everyone keeps pliers in their clutches," Caroline sarcastically replied.

"It's not funny, Caroline," Aella stressed, and Damon was almost in heaven to hear pixie witchy actually scared. "You know I can't ingest vervain, so this is my only defense."

"Do you want min-"

"-No!" She interrupted her best friend's suggestion. "I'd rather you be protected multiple ways, especially with our very own murderous Edward Cullen lurking about the mansion."

'Edward Cullen?' Damon mouthed to himself. Was she talking about him? No way he was Edward Cullen; he wasn't a pathetic sparking vampire that fell in love with a pathetic human. That would never be him!

"Just keep an eye on my neck and make sure it's never bare," Aella instructed her blonde best friend, and Caroline agreed.

Damon pushed himself off the door frame with a proud smirk on his face and walked back outside to the bar, gulping his scotch down in one go.

Looks like he would be hunting a Pixie Witch tonight.

..............................................

..............................................

Aella and Caroline stood like statues for a minute as Aella closed her eyes, feeling Damon's presence moving further away. When she could not distinguish human from vampire, she opened her eyes and nodded at Caroline, "He's gone."

"Do you think he heard the whole thing?" Caroline whispered, not wanting to take any chances.

"Oh yeah," Aella nodded, pulling out the vial of vervain from her clutch and unscrewing the lid. "I could almost smell the smugness coming off him."

"You can do that?" Caroline questioned just as Aella raised the vial to her lips.

"No, Car," Aella chuckled as she swallowed the vervain, tasting nothing, and chasing it down with her soda Caroline had given her. She swirled the soda around her mouth, drinking the last bit, and gave the glass back to Caroline. "Okay, time to get back to my boyfriend and hope he doesn't suspect anything."

Caroline nodded, "And I'll be at the bar waiting for your signal."

"Great!"

Caroline frowned slightly, "I hope you know what you're doing, A."

Aella smiled, placing the vial back in her clutch, "Me too, Care. Me too."

Stepping back into the dancing room, Aella walked over to a visibly awkward dancing Elena and Stefan.