Chapter 12 - Has it been a month yet?

* Shane's POV *

My mind was swimming. I couldn't focus on one thought for more than a few seconds. It seemed like I'd been roaming around a dark abyss for days. I didn't know if I was dead or not...I hoped I wasn't.

Every time Joey would pop into my head, he'd be ripped away from it just as fast. It was an odd sensation. Maybe I was dead. Maybe this was my punishment for all the bad things I'd ever done in my life. I was oddly okay with that. 

Then a brightness started to fill my mind. I didn't understand until Joey's face swam into view. I opened my eyes! I'm alive, I'm okay! 

"Joey?" 

* Joey's POV *

Shane said my name. His voice was so familiar, my chest actually started to ache. I'd been waiting to see his beautiful eyes, or hear the voice I'd fallen in love with for days. And here he was, Looking at me. Talking to me. "I love you, Shane. So, so much." I could see Shane looking around, like he'd been blind for some time and he had finally gotten his eyesight back. He was confused. "Shane, I brought you to the hospital. You're going to be okay, We just have to keep you on medication for a month and make sure you stay on strict bed-rest."  I could tell Shane didn't want to hear any of this. I had to give him a chance to catch up. He was still utterly confused and me talking about the plan for the next couple weeks wouldn't help. We could talk about that later. 

"Where's Sawyer?" He asked, terror glinting in his eyes. I shrugged, "No Idea...He just left." 

Shane frowned. "I'm Sorry, Joey. But he was bad." I nodded. I knew all too well. I pulled Shane's hand to my lips and kissed his knuckles. He smiled  slightly, "I love you too, Joey." 

* Shane's POV *

I knew Joey wanted to spend time with me since I'd been "gone" for so long but I was extremely tired plus the Doctor kept asking him to leave. I missed Joey the second he was gone but I was grateful that I could sleep. I'm also fairly certain that I slept a whole day. It felt good to sleep on my own instead of being forced into it. And even though I was 'out' for so long, I was still super tired. I guess exhaustion was a side effect of almost dying.

The doctor also informed me that Joey's sleeping patterns had been off and if he doesn't sleep here, I need to make sure he sleeps when I do once we get home. I can't wait to get home. I only have two days left until Joey and I can get out of here.

Joey's been begging the Doctor (Who I was later introduced to as 'Dr Rial'.) to let me speak to my mom. I wanted to talk to her but I hadn't been feeling up to it. 

So when I woke up Wednesday morning, I didn't expect Joey to be sitting there with a Hospital phone cradled in his arms. "What are you doing?" I asked in a sleepy voice. I still wasn't up to talking to my mom but I guess she deserved to know. "Calling your mom." He picked the phone up off of the receiver and dialed my mom's number. I groaned. It's been five days since I've been in here and she hasn't heard anything about it so I knew we needed to tell her. I was just afraid she'd be mad at me. Mad at me for not being more careful. For not being able to defend myself. I could hear my mother's voice through the receiver. "Hello?" 

Joey spoke softly, trying not to alarm her. "Teresa? It's Joey..You don't recognize this number because I'm calling from a hospital.....No! No, Shane's fine..He was bad....He's fine now! What happened? Oh..Do you want to talk to Shane? Okay..Here he is." 

He handed the phone to me.  I sucked up what fear I was feeling, This was my mom. I cleared my throat and said nervously, "Hi Mom.." 

"Shane, baby, Joey had me worrying sick! What happened? Do you promise you're okay?" 

I let out the breath I didn't know I'd been holding. I knew I could tell her, She wouldn't be mad at me, or hate me. It wasn't my fault that Sawyer attacked me. 

"Yes, I promise I'm fine. Uh..Sawyer..jumped me. He beat me up pretty bad. I had a Brain Hemorrhage--" 

She cut me off, "Brain Hemorrhage! Shane Lee, why didn't they call me?" 

I shrugged but then realized she couldn't see it, "I don't know..I think Joey was scared to call you.But don't blame him, I'd be scared, too. Anyway, I'm okay. I'm leaving the hospital in two days...No, I'd prefer if you didn't come see me.....Because I'll be sleeping a lot anyway! I promise to visit you when I'm out, okay? Okay. I love you too. Bye." I handed the phone back to Joey and he placed it back in it's spot. 

"Was that so bad?" I rolled my eyes at him, then pouted. "I haven't kissed you in days...Kiss me?" 

He sighed. "Okay..But I have to be gentle with you. And for a whole month we can hardly touch." He was saying it like he was trying to get me worked up. I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction. I hid my smug smirk by biting my lip and nodded. "Okay, Okay, Okay. Please just come kiss me?" He stood up reluctantly and walked over to my side. I attempted to lean up but he stopped me, "No, Shane. I've been given strict instructions to make sure you don't strain yourself." I rolled my eyes but I knew he was looking out for me. He leaned down and planted a soft kiss on my lips. I kissed him back  and even though it only lasted for a few seconds, It was one of the best kisses I'd ever had. 

"Has it been a month yet?" I asked desperately. Joey shook his head, laughing softly. "Sadly ...no." 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy New Year! :) 

Okay, so I know this chapter was short and Boring but forgive me. I'll update again later and it will be one thousand times better! Promise. (: 

There's not really anything else for me to say except...

Thank you guys sososo much for Reading and Voting! I love you guys <3 Don't Forget to be Awesome; bye. cx 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------