Chapter 17 - The Call

* Tyler's POV *

Once Joey blacked out, I moved him away from the door. I was glad everyone else had left. That'd be a lot of explaining to do. Shane came in, and gathered up Joey in his arms. Once I explained to him what had happened,  He insisted I call an ambulance. I knew it was silly but I obliged. 

Now here we were, Standing over Joey; passed out in his hospital bed. Poor guy.

After looking at unconscious Joey for another minute, I stepped outside of his room. Shane was, of course, freaked and in tears and begging for Joey to wake up. I knew Joey was only in shock...This was a traumatic event for him and to relive it must've knocked him loose. The doctor would just prescribe him some anxiety medicine and maybe recommend Joey see a professional then they'd be on their way. But Shane was too freaked to realize that.

I stepped outside to make a phone call...

I was going to call Sawyer. I didn't know what I'd say if he answered. I didn't hate him for what he did. But I also didn't understand why he did it...Even if he was drunk, Shane and Joey were his friends. 

 I was also sort of sad that I couldn't be the one Sawyer fell for. I could've helped him...

I wanted to understand what was wrong. Why'd he end up like this? Sawyer wasn't a violent person. He wasn't crazy, either. I wanted to know what set off the sudden change in him. I scrolled through my contacts and found his number. Do I call...Do I not...

What if he didn't answer?

What if he hung up when he realized it was me?

What if he said something mean?

What if he said he hated me?

What if he told me to never talk to him again?

What if he rejected me?

What if he didn't feel the same way?

Was I even going to tell him about my feelings?

During my mental battle, I hit the 'call' button and put the phone to my ear. After it rang, maybe once, I hung up. Then I called again. I let it ring twice this time, then I hung up again. What the fuck is wrong with me?! Just let the call go through...

I hit the 'call' button for the last time.

* Sawyer's POV *

My finger hurt from holding down the 'channel +' button. There was nothing on TV to watch. There was no one I could call and talk to. There was nowhere I could go. I wished I could go home. I looked around the room I was in. It looked like a typical Holiday Inn room. I sighed. My phone rang from the coffee table in front of the couch I was currently situated on. On the way here (Indiana. No Idea how I made it this far in so little time just by driving.) my phone dinged from the backseat, indicating an email. I had forgot I had my phone on me. And since I had a car charger, I atleast had this. Every night before I went to sleep since I got here, I'd scroll through all of my pictures. Wishing for that life back. It hurt more than anything to know I was the one who caused it to be thrown away. I picked up my phone and answered, without looking to see who it was. "Hello?" I should've looked to see who it was.

"Sawyer?" A familiar voice said, sounding inquisitive. I groaned, trying to keep from breaking down. It's cool..It's fine. Luke had called me a few times, but I ignored all of his calls. Then he got Ingrid to call me. I ignored her, too. This was the first call I'd answered. Tyler's voice brought back all kind of nostalgic memories that I Ionged to relive. I set down the remote. "This is he." I kept my voice neutral. I wouldn't freak out. I wonder if he knew..

"Where are you?" Tyler asked. I decided to be honest. He wouldn't come down here...Would he? But..Why would he anyway? "Indiana." I said, shrugging. I knew he couldn't see me shrug but I did it anyway. "Man, you screwed up." I sighed. He did know. "I know I did." 

"But why?" I didn't understand his question.."Why what?" 

"Why'd you do it?" I didn't know. I really didn't. "Will you come back?" He asked, trying not to sound too hopeful. "Why should I?" My voice sounded bitter. Just like I felt. I wasn't trying to be a shit person through all of this but I ended up being the bad guy. And I hated that. I didn't know how many people Joey or Shane had told but I bet they all hated me. 

"Okay, fine, Sawyer. I wanted to tell you this in person. I'd wanted to tell you since I found out. But you went all wack and tried to murder Shane. Which I don't hate you for, by the way, I just wish I could've helped you. I wish someone could've helped you because I know that this isn't you and it isn't who you are. You aren't this person who goes ballistic and hurts someone and then runs and hides like a scared little kid. This isn't the person that I fell in love with. Because, Sawyer, I fell in love with you. The real you. And I wanted you to know that. I wanted you to find out in person so you could either hug me....or reject me to my face. But shit doesn't work out like that, does it?" I was stunned. I didn't know what to say. So...I said all that was running through my head, "I'll be home by tomorrow night." 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so, WOW. 800 Reads! THANK YOU GUYS <3 Oh my Goodness gracianious, thank you! :)

I hope you guys liked the whole Sawler [ Tyler + Sawyer ] Paralell to the Shoey one. I know this is a Shoey story but I wanted to switch it up. Hope you guys didn't mind ;P Oh & btw, Sorry for the short chapter. But I wanted this whole chapter to revolve around Sawler. There will indeed be a few more Sawler chapters, just to get Sawyer's situation cleared up & to see whether or not Sawyer and Tyler end up getting together and if they do work out. But after that, this will continue just to be a Shoey story! ;D 

And I'm SO happy that I've updated this story/fic TWICE today PLUS I ended up updating Criminal too. So, yay, today was a good day! :) 

Yeah, Thanks (YET AGAIN) for Reading & Voting; May the odds be ever in your favor, gooodbye! cx 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------